Sci-fi title
T***@agent.com
2020-01-03 17:06:12 UTC
A few years ago, I saw a trailer for an alien invasion movie that had
the invasion take place in stages. IIRC, the first stage was
geoforming, then there was a plague of some sort and then the aliens
invaded by taking the form of humans. It couldn't have been too good
because I don't remember it even showing up in my area. If it did, it
didn't last long. For some reason, I am in the mood for some escapist
tripe and thought this flick might fill the bill. Anyone remember it?
s***@gmail.com
2020-01-03 17:53:46 UTC
Post by T***@agent.com
A few years ago, I saw a trailer for an alien invasion movie that had
the invasion take place in stages. IIRC, the first stage was
geoforming, then there was a plague of some sort and then the aliens
invaded by taking the form of humans. It couldn't have been too good
because I don't remember it even showing up in my area. If it did, it
didn't last long. For some reason, I am in the mood for some escapist
tripe and thought this flick might fill the bill. Anyone remember it?
I think the movie you are looking for is The 5th Wave.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2304933/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I didn't see it, but I saw the trailer. I wasn't going to spend $20 for my wife and I to see it, but it indeed looked like some mindless escapism.
T***@agent.com
Thanks, I'm pretty sure that is it.
Your Name
2020-01-03 20:44:03 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by T***@agent.com
A few years ago, I saw a trailer for an alien invasion movie that had
the invasion take place in stages. IIRC, the first stage was
geoforming, then there was a plague of some sort and then the aliens
invaded by taking the form of humans. It couldn't have been too good
because I don't remember it even showing up in my area. If it did, it
didn't last long. For some reason, I am in the mood for some escapist
tripe and thought this flick might fill the bill. Anyone remember it?
I think the movie you are looking for is The 5th Wave.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2304933/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
I didn't see it, but I saw the trailer. I wasn't going to spend $20 for
my wife and I to see it, but it indeed looked like some mindless
escapism.
I watched it on TV for free a year or two ago. It was okay-ish - pretty
much a typical young-adult sci-fi story. Unfortunately it does end
setting itself up for a sequel (there is a second book to the novel
this movie was based on), but it is doubtful that will ever happen,
although some websites are still rumouring a potential 2022 release.
Your Name
2020-01-04 00:49:00 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by T***@agent.com
[...]
I meant to say that, from memory, the "sci-fi" element only really
starts to come in towards the end and you don't see the first four
waves (other than a brief memory-flash-back). Much of it is just the
usual teen-one-the-run type of movie where you could easily replace the
alien invasion with a natural disaster.