Chin V absurdities part 2
Stephen DeMay
2020-03-30 13:14:46 UTC
I've been looking around to see if I could find out how the ( could ultimately be 6 trillion, that's not with a " b ", dollar ) relief package will be funded. Could not find anything clear. Is it printing money or Federal obligations or what ? When the chickens come home to roost it will add to the list of miseries that seem on the not so distant horizon, Winter has just ended in the northeast. Not any snow in N J , none. Never happened before in my lifetime. November and December cold, January , February , March warm. Can't recall such a situation before. Been raining 2 or 3 days a week every week for the past six months. Never recall anything close to that before. Odd weather has been not unusual in NJ fr the last few years. Last summer was not hot but the humidity was higher than I can recall. Seems like a sure sign of climate change.
Stephen DeMay
2020-03-30 13:29:48 UTC
Krazy Kat situation is shaping up in which stock market will go higher while virus is quite possibly step by step moving towards a reality in which a large percent of the work force will be sick for maybe years. Financial community is betting that disease will be dealt with soon or that it can make hay until the bottom falls out. Maybe the virus will just burn out in the hot weather to come but right now I'm thinking Germany after WW 1 before Hitler. This is a crazier situation than Nixon v hippies and a potential house of cards that will fall depression era flat. I can see a time in the very near future when businesses will reopen and whoever's not really sick at the time will show up and do what they can do.
Stephen DeMay
2020-03-30 14:46:12 UTC
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
[...]
THe idea of a travel quarantine for NY and NJ was shot down as if it were a bad idea. It was a good idea and that will be made clear in the future.
Looks likes government's idea of how to treat the problem is to lockdown and wait for new cases to be fewer than recovered cases , can't see that happening, then soon business as usual, this reminds me of the photo of a newsstand with a business as usual sign on the edge of the completely burned to the ground massive Cony Island amusement parks at the beginning of the 20th century.
Italy has great stats on number of cases, recovered, very sick, slightly sick ( about 90 % ) but is unable to do what the Chins did : home quarantine, universal testing and feeding by government, isolation of the people with positive results...so stats don't matter.
Stephen DeMay
As of right now reports on the use of that malaria drug seem promising. That would be a surprise way out of this. Would be a good idea to use on very ill people. If the USA can be seen as an entity it has been very lucky in its history, this malaria drug could be another example. I still want my $600
Stephen DeMay
In one of the great turnarounds in history I'm declaring this pandemic over. French trials show an almost 100 % cure rate and individual's accounts of how it cured them in hours are out there now. Trump will say I told you so and all be forgotten by November. Companies will fill their pockets with funds from the coronavirus billand Trump will be re-elected. As a cake topper I think I have the virus now, have felt ever so slightly feverish at timesduring the past few days. Would make sense given all the times I've been grocery shopping.Look for Trump to be grandstanding in a very short time.
Stephen DeMay
2020-03-30 17:37:43 UTC
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
[...]
On further review the French study seems to show that people got better quickly with the drug but so did a group that did not take the group. This view compliments the Italian stats that show maybe 4 % of people who have/had it were seriously ill.
This requires a re - evaluation of stats coming in from US state about how many people have it I've had flu a very few times and it was heavy duty sick, as I've written I've had mouse related illnesses three time which needed meds, the first two times were also heavy duty but different from flu. The way I feel now and for the past few days is about 1+/10. Now I'm thinking that this whole business has been distorted by focusing on ( the relative ) few deaths in people with highly compromised immune systems. Probably 90 to 95 per cent of people with Chin - V could go to work.
All that's needed is to keep oldsters away fom the general public. What a crock of shit from the media, had to sort this out by my own investigations. Lots of good posts on Yahoo amid the garbage. This information was there all along...sensationalism about the deaths of old Chins not anything about average people being very ill...because there were few of them.
Media gets an F on this and Trump re-elected on platform of Fake news and booming economy stoked by 2 trillion dollars of monopoly money. Bullll Shitttt
moviePig
2020-03-30 18:20:32 UTC
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
[...]

Yes, a no-difference claim of effectiveness would indeed be an
absurdity. However, CNBC says this:

"Chloroquine has gained a lot of attention after a small study of 36
COVID-19 patients published March 17 in France found that most patients
taking the drug cleared the coronavirus from their system a lot faster
than the control group."
Stephen DeMay
2020-03-30 19:55:15 UTC
Post by moviePig
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
[...]
I saw that, the primary thrust of my posts was that the virus is no way as serious as flu and that accordingly having it or not is no big deal to anyone. When I began these posts my view was that the virus was only dangerous to old people. Now I strongly believe that it's even less of a problem than I first thought.. The Media again missed the boat when it did not stress that old people are at risk and to stay away from everyone.
I had been giving thought as to why hospital staff were not dropping on the floor. The answer is not that masks are effective, it's that the disease is not serious to almost anyone whose immune system is not compromised .
Took a bit to get data together and apply to the poor reporting about what was really going on with infected people in the U S and China.
People should go back to work now but the government has made it OK to get money for staying home, staying closed.
Perhaps strangely, I feel I am owed appreciation for my putting everything together, but that's too Trumpian. Yes there is possibly a danger of mutation but on the whole the primary legacy of this fake pandemic is that I've all but dumped Stop and Shop and will buy cake at Shop -Rite , everything else at Walmart and since WM carries more of what I buy and at less cost I will only have to shop bi - weekly and will save about $1500/yr.
Can you imagine what Trump will do in debates with Sleepy Joe ?...4 more years
Stephen DeMay
A lot of interest in how many Chins died but no way to know if the dead were nearly all old or sick. Would be more meaningful to try to determine how many Americans who are positive are really sick. Official Italian stats show a big wow 3% ( people must have died fast as 10 % have died).
Stephen DeMay
Meanwhile reported cases in NY, NJ and nationwide are skyrocketing . Obviously the measures in place are not working and NJ g gov's response is that if measures were not in place it would be worse. Everybody's going to get sick but it's not The Day of The Triffids tho Trump is a good replacement for a Triffid.
Stephen DeMay
2020-03-31 16:02:46 UTC
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by moviePig
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
[...]
Shopping centers in Wuhan opened on Monday with one Chin saying he wants to " revenge shop " ...you couldn't make this shit up.
Just how far governments will push obvious lies to a brain dead public can be found right herein the good old USA. NY governor Cuomo keeps up with the same old same old, " the ( bogus number ) cases will peak in about a month... what happens after that ? An attempt to get back to normal when the number of sick people goes through the roof.
Here and there there are stories about young, formerly healthy people dying from the virus. No more than the exceptions prove the rule,
History will view the stock market trying to get back up when the intermediate term prospects are for the entire country to be sick to some degree before this is over.
Unlikely to be any more panic buying. Remarkably new conflicting stories about the need for more masks and the reality that masks are useless vie for readers' attention.
This is a pigs' breakfast
Stephen DeMay
2020-03-31 16:20:12 UTC
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by moviePig
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
[...]
Funniest take on COVID - 19 : Boomer Remover, I'm by a hair pre boomer if the real start of the period was the return en masse of WW2 personnel in spring 1946
Confirmed ( phony number ) of cases in NYC went from 36 K to 41 K in one day.
I'm reluctant to wear a respirator for grocery shopping...somebody might swipe it off my head...bad man !
Trump must now be torn between trying to push a , " things are unfortunate but we are getting the job done with the help of the public " line and a things are going to get a whole lot worse and we can't do shit to stop it " reality...poor guy
Stephen DeMay
2020-03-31 20:34:29 UTC
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by moviePig
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
[...]
Today is a day of lots of optimistic ideas : virus will rum its course in a few weeks, hot weather will kill it, lock down will choke it off, people who had it are immune, then there's the malaria drug.

At this point they are possibilities only with a growing tide of views that everything the government has done has been unnecessary except getting ventilators into hospitals faster.
A flurry of of blame which will possibly be followed by crowing by politicians that we saved the day.
Immunity is not demonstrated as yet, running its course quickly seems likely as normal flu does this and is much more serious. Best to get the malaria drug to sick seriously sick people and see what happens. China is not an exemplar of what to anticipate, Italian deaths are by some seen as people who were on the way out any way. Idea that massive numbers of people in the US already have it but had minor or not any symptoms is possible.
Early comparisons to standard flu look more and more apt. China probably had 40,000 deaths based on cremations but tens of millions were exposed.
Seems to have been a good mystery that's now being revealed as , " Fooled ya ! " Tomorrow is April Fool's Day.
Stephen DeMay
2020-03-31 22:29:01 UTC
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by moviePig
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
[...]
Some more data : About 20,000 people die if flu each year in the US. But about 20 million come down with the disease. So deaths. are 00.1 % Chin -V kills about 1 % of people so projected numbers of deaths 200,000 would be based on about 20 million people having the disease but probably many more people have virus them are reported so corona is probably not all that deadly. Flu season is over and CHIN - V may just go away. Why are hospitals in some areas being overwhelmed ? Virus came from one source ( China ) so some areas are having more cases than others. Possible reason for high death rate in Italy is fewer people died in flu season than normal.
History should record this outbreak as the worst understood, reported and managed in history. State numbers are meaningless keep old, sick people away from everyone, including family members and this farce will be over as soon as May.
Stephen DeMay
Essential to understand that Chin - V is more contagious than standard flu.
moviePig
2020-03-31 22:44:46 UTC
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by moviePig
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
Post by Stephen DeMay
[...]
Bear in mind that no institution will *understate* its distress.