What actor appeared in a Hitchcock AND Kubrick film IN THE SAME YEAR?
2021-05-09 05:06:50 UTC
??????????????
Mack A. Damia
2021-05-09 15:08:41 UTC
On Sat, 8 May 2021 22:06:50 -0700 (PDT), gggg gggg
Post by gggg gggg
??????????????
James Mason, one of my favorite actors. Loved his voice.

He will always be "Captain Nemo" to me.
moviePig
2021-05-09 15:36:01 UTC
Post by Mack A. Damia
On Sat, 8 May 2021 22:06:50 -0700 (PDT), gggg gggg
Post by gggg gggg
??????????????
James Mason, one of my favorite actors. Loved his voice.
He will always be "Captain Nemo" to me.
Are you counting Hitchcock's TV show?

(Regardless, there's another answer...)
Mack A. Damia
2021-05-09 17:03:36 UTC
Post by moviePig
Post by Mack A. Damia
On Sat, 8 May 2021 22:06:50 -0700 (PDT), gggg gggg
Post by gggg gggg
??????????????
James Mason, one of my favorite actors. Loved his voice.
He will always be "Captain Nemo" to me.
Are you counting Hitchcock's TV show?
Too easy.
Sir Larry, of course.
moviePig
Olivier? What were the two movies?
Mack A. Damia
Spartacus and Rebecca.
moviePig
They were 20 years apart.
Mack A. Damia
I missed "Same year".
Mack A. Damia
John Gavin - 1960, Psycho and Spartacus.
gggg gggg
Bingo!
John Doe

That requirement was in ALL CAPS. Difficult to see.
Nil
2021-05-24 01:55:40 UTC
Post by Mack A. Damia
Post by moviePig
Post by Mack A. Damia
Post by moviePig
Post by Mack A. Damia
On Sat, 8 May 2021 22:06:50 -0700 (PDT), gggg gggg
??????????????
Post by moviePig
(Regardless, there's another answer...)
Sir Larry, of course.
Olivier? What were the two movies?
Spartacus and Rebecca.
Spartacus: 1960

Rebecca: 1940

It must be a more minor actor. I don't think any of the primary stars
of any Hitchcock or Kubrick film are the answer to this question.
Mack A. Damia
Sometimes I feel as though I am living in the Twilight Zone.
Nil
2021-05-24 22:39:07 UTC
At least you're somewhat self-aware.
Lewis
2021-05-24 10:33:35 UTC
Post by Nil
Post by Mack A. Damia
Post by moviePig
Post by Mack A. Damia
Post by moviePig
Post by Mack A. Damia
On Sat, 8 May 2021 22:06:50 -0700 (PDT), gggg gggg
??????????????
Post by moviePig
(Regardless, there's another answer...)
Sir Larry, of course.
Olivier? What were the two movies?
Spartacus and Rebecca.
Spartacus: 1960
Hitcocks 1960 movie was Psycho, if there is overlap I don;t know it.
Post by Nil
Rebecca: 1940
Before Kubrick. If I were going to look for an overlap, I'd look at The
Killing and Paths of Glory and Spartacus first.

But I don't care enough to do this.
Post by Nil
It must be a more minor actor. I don't think any of the primary stars
of any Hitchcock or Kubrick film are the answer to this question.
IF there is an actual answer.
--
It was easy to be a vegetarian by day. It was preventing yourself
from becoming a humanitarian at night that took the real effort.
Mack A. Damia
2021-05-24 16:37:27 UTC
On Mon, 24 May 2021 10:33:35 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
Post by Lewis
Post by Nil
Post by Mack A. Damia
Post by moviePig
Post by Mack A. Damia
Post by moviePig
Post by Mack A. Damia
On Sat, 8 May 2021 22:06:50 -0700 (PDT), gggg gggg
??????????????
Post by Nil
It must be a more minor actor. I don't think any of the primary stars
of any Hitchcock or Kubrick film are the answer to this question.
IF there is an actual answer.
Are you really that dense, Screwy-Louie?

The question has been answered correctly.

John Gavin, 1960, Psycho and Spartacus.
a***@yahoo.com
2021-05-25 21:43:34 UTC
Post by gggg gggg
??????????????
I dunno, but I did notice that unlike Hitchcock, Kubrick rarely had major actresses in his movies. Nicole Kidman? Maybe a few others? Perhaps someone knows why.....
moviePig
2021-05-25 22:36:01 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Not needed for box office? Even Kidman may've been a package deal...
a***@yahoo.com
2021-05-25 23:35:15 UTC
Post by gggg gggg
I dunno, but I did notice that unlike Hitchcock, Kubrick rarely had major actresses in his movies. Nicole Kidman? Maybe a few others? Perhaps someone knows why.....
Not needed for box office? Even Kidman may've been a package deal...
Well, he had Kirk Douglas and Laurence Olivier and Peter Sellers and George C Scott (Was he a big star then?) and Cruise. But few female equivalents. Hmmm.