"Truman Capote hated Hepburn in the lead part."
2021-05-09 04:54:34 UTC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakfast_at_Tiffany%27s_(film)#Critical_response
gggg gggg
2021-05-11 18:34:29 UTC
Post by gggg gggg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakfast_at_Tiffany%27s_(film)#Critical_response
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2009/sep/05/breakfast-at-tiffanys-audrey-hepburn
gggg gggg
2021-05-11 18:37:37 UTC
Post by gggg gggg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakfast_at_Tiffany%27s_(film)#Critical_response
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2009/sep/05/breakfast-at-tiffanys-audrey-hepburn
https://www.google.com/search?q=monroe+capote+&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjn7Ne0osLwAhVxmJ4KHXIRCT8Q2-cCegQIABAA&oq=monroe+capote+&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQA1DxiAZYgJUGYN-cBmgAcAB4AIABXogB4QWSAQE5mAEAoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWfAAQE&sclient=img&ei=UM6aYOeEB_Gw-gTyoqT4Aw&bih=657&biw=1366
gggg gggg
2021-05-11 19:47:22 UTC
Post by gggg gggg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakfast_at_Tiffany%27s_(film)#Critical_response
According to this:

- Paramount double-crossed me in every conceivable way. Holly had to have something touching about her – unfinished. Marilyn had that. Audrey is an old friend and one of my favourite people, but she was just wrong for that part.

Breakfast At Tiffany’s author Truman Capote on the casting of Audrey Hepburn instead of Marilyn Monroe as Holly Golightly

https://georgesjournal.org/2011/10/13/holly-hits-50-how-breakfast-at-tiffanys-came-to-the-screen-and-changed-everything/