Five movies that couldn't be released today
Lenona
2020-08-26 17:00:01 UTC
Of course, there are likely at least a couple of HUNDRED unacceptable movies from the last sixty years or so.

https://filmgoblin.com/news/movies-that-would-never-be-released-today-part-i/

It's been so long since I saw the Hitchcock movie, I have no memory of "that" scene. I doubt I ever saw the Clint Eastwood movie. (Btw, as you'll see, the two are very similar. However, when I looked up the common denominator in Halliwell's encyclopedia, neither title got mentioned!)

Lenona.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-08-26 18:37:37 UTC
Post by Lenona
Of course, there are likely at least a couple of HUNDRED unacceptable
movies from the last sixty years or so.
https://filmgoblin.com/news/movies-that-would-never-be-released-today-part-i/
It's been so long since I saw the Hitchcock movie, I have no memory of
"that" scene.
I saw Marnie once, just because it was Hitchcock. Tippi Hedrin's
performance is very good, but the screenplay gets pretty much everything
wrong about psychology (even based on thinking at the time) and it's
just hard to rewatch for that reason.

But that was one of Hitchcock's little audience manipulation tricks?
Yeah that sounds like Hitchcock. I suppose we all remember what
Hitchcock proposed to do in a future movie after getting away with the
final scene of North by Northwest.
Post by Lenona
I doubt I ever saw the Clint Eastwood movie. (Btw, as
you'll see, the two are very similar. However, when I looked up the
common denominator in Halliwell's encyclopedia, neither title got
mentioned!)
It never occurred to me that the two movies are similar. I haven't seen
the latter in so long I recall nothing about it.
Lenona
2020-08-27 06:08:44 UTC
I know very well why THAT scene was considered naughty (I can't help but wonder if Hitch first got the idea from the dialogue between two women in the 1932, pre-Code "Jewel Robbery," starring William Powell and Kay Francis), but what did Hitch propose after that?
Adam H. Kerman
2020-08-27 14:19:57 UTC
Post by Lenona
Post by Adam H. Kerman
I suppose we all remember what
Hitchcock proposed to do in a future movie after getting away with the
final scene of North by Northwest.
I know very well why THAT scene was considered naughty (I can't help but
wonder if Hitch first got the idea from the dialogue between two women
in the 1932, pre-Code "Jewel Robbery," starring William Powell and Kay
Francis), but what did Hitch propose after that?
Actual hard-core pr0n in extreme closeup

He claimed that's what the audience really wanted to see.
Your Name
2020-08-26 22:31:21 UTC
Post by Lenona
Of course, there are likely at least a couple of HUNDRED unacceptable
movies from the last sixty years or so.
https://filmgoblin.com/news/movies-that-would-never-be-released-today-part-i/
It's been so long since I saw the Hitchcock movie, I have no memory of
"that" scene. I doubt I ever saw the Clint Eastwood movie. (Btw, as
you'll see, the two are very similar. However, when I looked up the
common denominator in Halliwell's encyclopedia, neither title got
mentioned!)
Thanks to the stupidity of "Political Correctness" morons, every movie
with the leading characers being white are now "unacceptable", and if
they're white males then the movie are now "illegal". :-\
Halmyre
2020-08-27 10:07:42 UTC
I think comparing high Plains Drifter to Marnie is a bit of a stretch. Yes, both have a rape scene but the lead up to it, and the fall-out from it, are different in both cases, and the assailants and the victims have different motives.
Lenona
2020-08-27 17:14:22 UTC
This stupid new GG system keeps screwing things up when I try to type a response. Hence, this "new" thread.

Anyway. Do you have a source for what Hitchcock said - and the exact quotation? Thanks.

Lenona.
Dave Garrett
2020-08-29 21:57:57 UTC
Post by Lenona
Of course, there are likely at least a couple of HUNDRED unacceptable movies from the last sixty years or so.
https://filmgoblin.com/news/movies-that-would-never-be-released-today-part-i/
It's been so long since I saw the Hitchcock movie, I have no memory of "that" scene. I doubt I ever saw the Clint Eastwood movie. (Btw, as you'll see, the two are very similar. However, when I looked up the common denominator in Halliwell's encyclopedia, neither title got mentioned!)
Lenona.
I was fully expecting to see BLAZING SADDLES on the list.
Dave
Adam H. Kerman
2020-08-30 01:58:49 UTC
Post by Dave Garrett
Post by Lenona
Of course, there are likely at least a couple of HUNDRED unacceptable movies from the last sixty years or so.
https://filmgoblin.com/news/movies-that-would-never-be-released-today-part-i/
It's been so long since I saw the Hitchcock movie, I have no memory of "that" scene. I doubt I ever saw the Clint Eastwood movie. (Btw, as you'll see, the two are very similar. However, when I looked up the common denominator in Halliwell's encyclopedia, neither title got mentioned!)
I was fully expecting to see BLAZING SADDLES on the list.
Within the last year, someone posted the URL of an article, an essay as
to why Blazing Saddles couldn't be made today. But the main reason is
that Mel Brooks was spoofing ridiculous attitudes in Hollywood westerns
that people in the early 1970s were familiar with but no one is today.
John Doe
2020-08-30 01:11:30 UTC
You really needed to post the movie titles here.
It's only five, right?
Sol L. Siegel
2020-08-31 19:15:45 UTC
Post by Lenona
Of course, there are likely at least a couple of HUNDRED unacceptable
movies from the last sixty years or so.
https://filmgoblin.com/news/movies-that-would-never-be-released-today-p
art-i/
The first two titles that came to my mind were "Pretty Baby" and
"Airplane!"
--
- Sol L. Siegel, Philadelphia, PA USA