IMDb description of The Deer Hunter (1978)
John Doe
2020-03-24 10:16:05 UTC
Is this correct?

Storyline
Michael, Steven and Nick are young factory workers from Pennsylvania who
enlist into the Army to fight in Vietnam. Before they go, Steven marries
the pregnant Angela, and their wedding party also serves as the men's
farewell party. After some time and many horrors, the three friends fall
in the hands of the Vietcong and are brought to a prison camp in which
they are forced to play Russian roulette against each other. Michael
makes it possible for them to escape, but they soon get separated again.

1. I thought the prison camp and the Russian roulette were completely
separate situations.

2. Playing Russian roulette against each other was forced? I thought for
sure that was his former war buddy entering the game of Russian roulette
out of desperation in an attempt to get him to snap out of it.

Those are questions. Of course I could watch the movie again. It really
freaked me out when I saw it.

Thanks.
Halmyre
2020-04-07 21:53:36 UTC
Post by John Doe
[...]
You're right, they are imprisoned and forced to play Russian Roulette against each other, But later Nick, having lost his marbles, ends up playing the game in a back-street gambling racket; Michael finds him and plays against him, hoping to bring back his memory, but it goes horribly wrong.
--
Halmyre