Wizard of Oz (scene missing?)
j***@gmail.com
2019-12-02 02:17:58 UTC
I TOTALLY REMEMBER the same way you do. The witch says to Dorothy, "You have until the sands run up." I know this because I quote it often and people think I'm nuts because they don't know this version, in this reality. I guess you and I can chalk it up to another Mandella Effect that almost drove us crazy, until now. I got your back on this one.
Your Name
2019-12-02 03:12:36 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
I TOTALLY REMEMBER the same way you do. The witch says to Dorothy,
"You have until the sands run up." I know this because I quote it
often and people think I'm nuts because they don't know this version,
in this reality. I guess you and I can chalk it up to another Mandella
Effect that almost drove us crazy, until now. I got your back on this
one.
Nah, that line was in Flash Gordon. ;-)
<https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/b755a38b-55a0-407b-ab24-044788d68469>

As for sands running *up*, it is probably just an optical illusion, but
you can't really see much in this clip anyway:

bermuda999
2019-12-02 04:23:11 UTC
The psychoses and confabulations related to false memories were not referred to as "Mandela effect" when this thread started. That name was not applied until 2010, by a "paranormal research" pseudo scientist
k***@gmail.com
2020-04-20 02:51:49 UTC
I also remember the scene as described, having watched Oz a bunch of times as a kid.
I also saw Flash Gordon back in the theater when it came out, and am a huge fan.
Honestly, I always thought the Flash Gordon bit was an homage to Oz, as her delivery was a spot-on Dorothy!
r***@gmail.com
2020-05-23 17:22:10 UTC
Exactly, I saw that exact scene when I was a child. I never saw it again, no matter how many times I’ve watched it since. I’m so glad you asked this question, now I finally know I am not crazy.