Journal of the plague year 3
2020-04-19 19:27:32 UTC
Maybe a good word to represent the present state of the NYC area is murky.
The govs have continually sqwaked the expected platitudes such as, " we're not out of this yet ", when the intermediate outlook in this area is bleak.
Talk of a phased return to normal life is floated around like Pennywise's balloons without and specifics to interfere with the attempt at keeping the general public from rising up in disapprobation.
It's a long , long way from getting people back to work and opening individual stores to the people on top of each other real norm in the NYC meto area.
Walmart's policy of keeping the stores practically empty with everyone required to have face coverings 8 days ago in NJ has not affected the daily case count as yet. Meantime the infections are so localized south Jersey is so clean you could eat off the floor.
The " new case count " is a more than strange way of looking at the possible number of infections. For someone to possibly be included he/she must go to a place where testing is done. My initial thoughts about the real numbers ( about 3x too low ) may be too low as well. Since this illness is no big deal to healthy people why test unless really sick ?
In the big picture not anything is happening now, the same old same old...but the status quo is suckful with the future shaky at best. At least the endless stories of not enough hospital beds/ventilators and heroes around every corner are gone.
I stopped watching the Trump briefings more than a week ago.
Stephen DeMay
2020-04-19 20:20:52 UTC
[...]
As days become weeks the the effects of the lock down appear clear... slight drop in official new cases , meaningful drop in hospital admissions , moderate drop in deaths in the NYC area.
Across the country there are fewer of everything, but there was not much to begin with except in SF.
As I've written before the drop in hospital admissions is probably the result of vulnerable folks taking greater precautions. If the nation truly scrapped all restrictions these people could self isolate and let the rest of the population burn out the virus through herd immunity.
Government officials are afeared that taking an open things up approach may cause them to take the heat for the additional deaths that will occur in a short time ( total would probably be the same with controlled approach, just spread out more ).
Pubic does not have a clue about the lock down/ open up dynamics, experts are playing a game of keepy way as to what they really believe. The cure is worse than the disease. What does Sleepy Joe really think ? Piss on it all.
Stephen DeMay
A couple of tests for antibodies have shown that about 10 x the number of people have had the disease then reported in these areas. That could mean social distancing has not worked and a huge per cent of the population had the virus and did not know it. Time to conduct these tests nation wide and open the country soon. Things become more farcical as time passes.
Stephen DeMay
2020-04-19 23:56:40 UTC
[...]
I suspect that in a short period of time the farce created by the " medical experts " in Washington will all come crashing down as the American public gets clued in to just how badly they ( in addition to the politicians ) botched things.
The graphs in new York and New Jerey of " official " new infections if not goind down , it is steady high. Antibody tests appear to show that the number of infected people is vastly higher than estimated which means the death rate is minuscule and the population is well on its way to herd immunity that needs to completed immediately by a complete end to any and all restrictions on the public at large.
American government looks like a horse's ass, did everything wrong from beginning to end. Those two docs on Trump's team were clueless and in a very short time everybody involved will be doing the soft shoe away from the mess they made by creating a false history of what they said and did. Turns my stomach. Think I'll pass on more trips to Walmarts on senior hour Tuesdays.
The damage that has been done the American fabric will probably be seen as the biggest non- military disaster since the depression when corrupt Washington turned financial over exuberance into a decade of misery for the entire country.