Journal of the plague Year 5
2020-04-24 14:17:47 UTC
At yesterday;s briefing after hearing that ultra violet light ans alcohol quickly kill the virus Trump suggested ways yo introduce these properties into the body directly !!! A farcical exchange between Trump and a reporter ensued about Trump supposedly advising people to get outside whenit gets warm ( NJ weather has been unseasonably cold and rainy ).
I could not believe what I thought I heard about unemployment benefits thru the end of July being pumped up by an additional $600 a week !!!!!!!. A whole lotof people are getting much more now then when working. Just pile it on the national debt that will one day cause the roof to fall in. Just boost that economy before the election.
Senate's reluctance to help states with financial problems ( such as N J ) is purely political. Most red states get far more from the federal government than they contribute.
The country's state of health, financial and medical, has been mismanaged by lying, corrupt politicians...and it's all right out in the open.
Stephen DeMay
2020-04-24 18:29:15 UTC
[...]
To me itis remarkable that with social distancing, home isolation, masks the NYC area is still putting up 10,000 new official cases per day which is a small fraction of the real number.
Washington will put out so many phases, guidelines, restrictions and political funding battles that the fog of war will settle over the land for some time giving the clueless the impression Washington is doing the best it can until TRump just pops up and says , " The country is open for business, we '
ve done everything we can to help save the country, now it's in God's hands ". Then he'll reiterate that China's not to blame, it was a mistake.

The loss of my next door neighbor was a combination of several factors , he could have gotten the infection at Shop - Rite , mask or no. I believe the last time I saw him was bringing home whatever from that store.
Tho the loss of any person will not in any way be in the loss of an animal ( they are my heart ) Charles' death is the first time I've absorbed the big gest down side of the epidemic. Bad time to need a dentist, go to a vet or not be ahead of the curve about
what can kill you.
If reporters don't immediately challenge Prez that the antibody tests show the landscape is totally different from the bogus graphs and China like phony numbers shown at the briefings thaey are worthless. They should demand answers and if slapped down should beat back Orange Julius into the holding pen.
Because I love animals and don't care about the death toll on one step from the grave folks, or ALMOST anyone else either I can see this as a what's worse choice. The press needs to rise up even if it means Trump plays to an empty or near empty house. The presence of what really is a non challenging press corps lends legitimacy to Trumps lies and fairy tales. Time to draw the line in the sand, 'cept the liberal reporters don't want to take the heat for the short term rise in old folk deaths, they are mostly going along with a >\, " things are getting better near certainty fantasy " that Trump will still turn into an , " Iwas right all along " position . When looking at what's likely to happen what's going on now is a worst case reaction for the country. The absurd unemployment benefits are to keep the economy from crashing and Trump taking the blame.
Never would have thought so many variables could be in play because of an infection that is only dangerous to people with underlying problems.
The last time Charles and I talked which was about three/four weeks ago he was more pessimistic than I about what would happen in the coming months. Turns out he was right...but at what a cost.
Stephen DeMay
2020-04-24 23:11:07 UTC
[...]
I watched the press briefing yesterday after a ten day absence and caught The President of The United States suggesting injection of disinfectant into the human body and inserting ulra violet lighting into a human would be an interesting possibility. Hard to believe the two major parties have two well along cases of senility to offer for the election which people are starting to think Trump will try to postpone as his numbers are dropping. Falling behind Sleepy Joe is tough to take. My new image of Coronavirus 2020 is of my good natured next door neighbor, someone I thought of as almost a real friend, dying from an illness that I all but brushed off.
At today's briefing there was not any Q and A. Trump's being told he's not at the top of his game so he's shutting down the ersatz campaign rallies. Having Pense talk is like ordering a drink at a bar and getting an empty glass.
Trump now reminds me of a mad scientist with Pense as the evil assistant.
Stephen DeMay
2020-04-25 18:30:28 UTC
[...]
Trump has at least for a while abandoned the daily briefings. He's been looking too much the idiot. The point of focus now is the phased opening of sparsely populated states. Don't know the rules but I would think a lot of working people would prefer to get bloated unemployment checks than return to the workplace. They would also have to consider the welfare of elderly relatives who live with them.
NY and NJ probably are some time away from trying this first step of stores and companies returning to work. California would probably give it a try in the near future...could work there, it's not the NYC area.
A full opening of California would be anyone's guess as to what happens. Sunshine can only do so much good.
Then there's Sweden with a population of 10 million . Did not lock down in any way other to provide protection for its vulnerable citizens.
Rate of infections compared to US bogus " official "ones and deaths per thousand are in the same ballpark as US.
Difference is Sweden did not damage its economy and are not far away from close to full herd immunity.
The onset of hot weather and public dissatisfaction with two months of being cooped up is going to make keeping matters in place increasingly politically difficult.
I'd like to see a two part public service announcement with a shot of a protester with an , " Enough is too much " , sign followed by a shot of granny in a wheelchair saying Fuck Me ! or Fuck You !
Trump's last ditch plan to make political hay could be to use his good offices to provide safe harbors for the vulnerable as he asks for God's blessing for the opening of America.
The longer this goes on the more convoluted it gets...and probably ass backwards.
Stephen DeMay
2020-04-25 23:08:24 UTC
[...]
Most recent image of the day : the same liquor store that has the . Please wear a mask and gloves ", sign on the door today had a small line of customers spaced several feet apart waiting to get in. At the door there's this really old coot with a walker and a cane making sure no more than one person gets in at a time.
If I were a vulnerable person and did not have reason to stay put I'd take off for open country in a far away state. Failing that I'd have to accept the strong possibility that the virus would get me.
Article on Yahoo news today points out that there may never be a vaccine for this coronavirus...vote for Trump and he'll rustle some up for ya.
A juxtaposition of a Trump briefing or campaign rally and body bags would be a fitting record of America 2020.
Stephen DeMay
2020-04-26 16:52:44 UTC
[...]
While finishing up my last trip through Godzilla King of the Monsters I keyed in on the areas of the story that showed an outraged public demanding information about Monarch ( thegroup that had had control of the Kaiju) and had to make a comparison to the present government ( at all levels and public absurdity about the nature of the corenavirus.
The present mood of the general populace is , " let's wait awhile to get back to work as we want things to get back to normal safely ". Although there is a general feeling that things will never be the same in the foreseeable future ...wrong, interactions will go back to exactly the way they were within two years except for maybe some places that for one reason or another will be overly cautious... the man on the street does not have a clue as to what's coming down the line in a short period of time. After the, " back to work " period that will involve testing at some level there has to be the true, " back to normal " era . When churches, schools, clubs, theaters, restaurants, sports venues, parties and bars again have people sitting and standing on top of each other the amount of infection in the NYC area will explode . No matter for the people involved but they will be carriers who will in various ways reach the old, vulnerable folks and the numbers of deaths will go way, way higher. You recall I was posting about the virus in mid - January but soon after I thought the US will stop the infection at the borders. This did not happen and the genie is out of the bottle,
How high will the death count go ? Draw a number out of a hat but not too far down the line the current 50,000 will appear to have been laughably small. Articles on the net are now popping up about just this. Half - way measures are BS.
All levels of government will take big time heat. What will happen outside the NYC area will be dependent on how much overflow there is from my area. BTW the density of population in the NYC area is not the reason for the heavy infection rate, it's the four large international airports, one a stone's throw away from where I am now, that funneled thousands of infected people from Asia and Europe into the metropolitan area in January and February.
Don't know what other states will do about the NYC metro coming disaster, if I were gov in any state I'd bar anyone from my area entrance.
Can't see how this cannot happen, a possible vaccine is still far down the line ( more likely to be partially effective than a cure if results with other viruses are considered. I've been trying to anticipate what will happen next based on data as it comes in and political decisions. You can bet that the state and Federal heads of government know what's coming, they are only trying to leave the impression that they are now doing everything possible ( actually the ball game was decided when the gates were left open in January/February.)
It's sort of similar to Hitler's euthanasia and Jewish policies, there was some pullback at first do to public dissent but quickly the public in general accepted them.
If I were vulnerable ( respiratory problems or high blood pressure etc.) I would feel at the least apprehensive and probably fatalistic about the near future. The respirator I have would probably not be enough to save a vulnerable,non immune person in some circumstances.
I can not believe the general public cannot see the lay of the land. But then there are plenty of younger people walking around with masks who believe the mask will prevent them from being infected and that they could get sick or die from COVID - 19.
Stephen DeMay
Despite the recent death of my neighbor I still think this business is the bunk. Doc Bricks was on TV today and apparently said " social distancing "will be in place through Summer !!!! Truly the non - cure is worse than the disease. Shows if government can't solve a problem by throwing money at it it screws up top to bottom.
Stephen DeMay
2020-04-27 14:45:04 UTC
[...]
The numbers of " official " BS virus cases in NY and NJ have been locked in at 6,000 and 3,500 for so long there's no need to check them anymore. Real numbers are maybe 10 x higher. If " social distancing " and face covering requirements are in place how can there be so many new cases ? Makes you wonder what an unrestricted environment would produce and its effect on the vulnerable. Warm weather will soon be here and the fabric of government ill - conceived control over the public is going to come apart as a lack of progress in the NYC area will be perceived by most of the general public. Will be a two pounds of shit in a one pound bad situation. Trump may wind up blaming NY and NJ for the problem. His base will eat it up.