Trailer for the Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm at PLAZA Cinerama Theatre in March 1964 in Sydney, Australia!
c***@hotmail.com
2020-01-04 05:23:17 UTC
I was thirteen years old and attending one of the last performances of How The West was Won(1962) When the film finished and the curtains Closed an announcement came over the public address system words to the effect of:

"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not vacate your seats for shortly we will be presenting a Preview of our next great CINERAMA attraction, The Wonderful world of The Brothers Grimm."

After about 2 or 3 minutes the huge red curtain started to open and long trailer was presented. I would estimate it was about 5 minutes.
It was the Plaza Cinerama Theatre in Sydney, Australia. The screen was 76ft around the 146 degrees curve and it was 28 ft high.

Has anybody else seen a trailer like this.
I assume the trailer was joined to the end of HTWWW, How else would they do this.
Has anybody seen this type of presentation in the USA or Canada, England etc.?This was in Sydney, Australia
Any comments would be much appreciated.
Your Name
2020-01-04 06:26:11 UTC
Post by c***@hotmail.com
[...]
I don't know about the preview trailer you saw, but the trailer for The
Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm (1962) is nearly half that length
at 2mins 35secs:

There's also this 1min 18sec British Pathe news item about a VIP
preview of the movie in Denver:
<https://www.britishpathe.com/video/the-wonderful-world-of-the-brothers-grimm-preview>