Journal of the Plague Year 4
2020-04-21 16:42:55 UTC
Warm weather is all but here and people in the NYC area will be itchin' to get out and have a good time camping and taking in the open spaces. Can't do it in theNYC metro area, parks are closed so why not pack up the car and head for the midwestern states that are not locked down bringing the virus along with them. Should be a record number of people in my area with this in mind. Will the no lock down states close their borders ? Italy has been slowly getting new cases down to a point where a limited end to their lock down might be tried. Good test case for California to watch.
Stephen DeMay
2020-04-21 18:45:49 UTC
Warm weather is all but here and people in the NYC area will be itchin' to get out and have a good time camping and taking in the open spaces. Can't do it in theNYC metro area, parks are closed so why not pack up the car and head for the midwestern states that are not locked down bringing the virus along with them. Should be a record number of people in my area with this in mind. Will the no lock down states close their borders ? Italy has been slowly getting new cases down to a point where a limited end to their lock down might be tried. Good test case for California to watch.
Yahoo posters are growing more and more aware that this outbreak is about 95 % B S. The talk of a vaccine for the virus could be mostly hot air. Weeks ago Trumpeter practically had it on the shelf ready to go. Because of my relationship with animals I am aware of corona like viruses. There is not any vaccine/cure for any of them.
Could be if it becomes clear in the next week or two how many people have already been infected politicians will be scrambling to think of appropriate statements to put out and will be rummaging through what they've said in the past. Trump would be in the best position. All he has to do is point out his down playing of the problem early on and blame the twin docs who were clueless about most everything.
Cuomo is being viewed as a leading light but truth is he was late to the game and his demand for 40,000 ventilators when 8,000 turned out to be too many makes him look the jerk.
The cost of all this mismanagement will be heaped on the national debt. Short term it will be Trumpeting Trump and the market. Longer term it will be the chickens coming home to roost.
moviePig
2020-04-21 19:24:20 UTC
[...]
So Cuomo ordered five times as many lifesaving devices as were
ultimately needed, when he should have ordered only twice as many.
Don't expect him to be recalled...
Stephen DeMay
2020-04-21 21:13:32 UTC
Post by moviePig
[...]
What infected Cuomo as well as most of the American public is unfounded fear. NY did not have any of the equipment in storehoused then cried for the country to pay the tab. Trump will come out of this looking good...for the wrong reasons.
Recent additions to the net are speculating on the virus mutating to a less dangerous form...which is unfounded. The longer this goes on the more it reminds me of somebody being tangled in twine and thrashing around only to get more tangled. At least the supermarkets are OK with most things except paper products and some cleaners. The liberal ( one of which I am surely not ) has been stoking fear in the public ( tho some folks on Yahoo are getting the picture ) to make Trump look bad, which he does. I stopped watching the briefings because they look like reruns.
m not sure if the 3,000 person test being conducted by NY state is to identify people who are immune and ready to go back to work ( smells to high heaven ) or to get a good handle on what percentage of the public had the virus and did not know it. The lines at Walmart in the early morning when I'm there ( the company has the absurdity to name the one hour a week when over 60's only can get in the store as senior events ) do not have that many people but they are spaced out so far the group is stretched our for many hundreds of feet.
Stephen DeMay
2020-04-22 14:51:58 UTC
Post by moviePig
[...]
The whole idea of the " official " number of virus cases being determined by individuals who believe they may have the disease and are concerned enough to get down to one of two or three testing sites in New Jersey is is China numbers level bogus. Questions are being raised as to the accuracy of anti - body teats, another political football..
N J governor will released plans for the proposed phased opening of NJ this week. Since everything will be full of " ifs ", it is no more than a " something " instead of a nothing.
Since the novel coronavirus is most likely a human engineered piece of biology just how it behaves might turn out to be different than any of the " expert " anticipate.
As things stand now the whole USA virus phenomenon reminds me of the caucus race in Alice in Wonderland. Some connections to the characters as well, Sleepy Joe as the door mouse, Orange Julius as The Mad Hatter, Pelosi as The White Rabbit, Dr. F as The Cheshire Cat, Doc Bricks as Alice, Cuomo as The March Hare and the virus as Queen of Hearts.
Stephen DeMay
2020-04-22 22:33:59 UTC
Post by moviePig
[...]
Another area of interest is that of immunity. From what I've read immunity to a disease due to an individual being exposed then recovering istemporary. Six months is a number I've seen as possible. If this bull shit which is the result of one party trying to stay one up on the other goes on long enough those infected early on will be vulnerable again. The gift that keeps on giving.
If there ever is a time in the far future when some beings compile a record of America's shameful history this epidemic will have its place as an example of how American government was dysfunctional. Sleepy Joe is playing his ace in the hole , not saying much of anything. He could be the next Pepperige Farms Remembers commercial celebrity
Stephen DeMay
TRump's magic elixir has proved to be a flop in American tests. Blood clotting is killing some people.
Stephen DeMay
2020-04-23 16:58:33 UTC
Post by moviePig
[...]
Preliminary anti - body testing is showing that New York State taken as a whole , that is not just the most infected areas, shows an infection rate of 14 % which is more than 10 X the state's " official " numbers. Makes the Trump doctors look the toadies they are.