Satyajit Ray
Add Reply
w***@gmail.com
2014-12-27 07:00:04 UTC
Hey,

For both of you that have heard of this guy, numerous films of his from the Criterion Collection are available for free at hulu.com.
gtr
2014-12-27 07:57:54 UTC
Post by w***@gmail.com
For both of you that have heard of this guy, numerous films of his from
the Criterion Collection are available for free at hulu.com.
Cool! A year or two ago, after having weathered through the entire
fractured grey-and-white remains, I heard that the Apu Trilogy was
being restored. That should be nice, if it is finished in my lifetime.
w***@gmail.com
You're more than welcome, and, yes, you were one of the "both." Happy viewing.
David O.
2014-12-28 19:17:16 UTC
Post by w***@gmail.com
Post by gtr
Post by w***@gmail.com
For both of you that have heard of this guy, numerous films of his from
the Criterion Collection are available for free at hulu.com.
Cool! A year or two ago, after having weathered through the entire
fractured grey-and-white remains, I heard that the Apu Trilogy was
being restored. That should be nice, if it is finished in my lifetime.
You're more than welcome, and, yes, you were one of the "both." Happy viewing.
I've been meaning to blog about THE HOME AND THE WORLD (which I love)
for a long time.
Heynonny
2014-12-28 19:32:26 UTC
Post by w***@gmail.com
For both of you that have heard of this guy
Actually I don't think I know a single film aficionado who hasn't
"heard of" Satyajit Ray.

You probably meant "For both of you who know this guy" and for the
record there are four of us left (and one is feeling poorly).
w***@gmail.com
2014-12-28 19:39:45 UTC
Post by Heynonny
Post by w***@gmail.com
For both of you that have heard of this guy
Actually I don't think I know a single film aficionado who hasn't
"heard of" Satyajit Ray.
And to complicate the simple, you assume the presence of "aficionados" in this forum.
I was being a tad sarcastic. Let's face it, this ain't the place to discuss foreign -- let alone Indian -- films.
poisoned rose
2014-12-29 22:10:33 UTC
Post by w***@gmail.com
For both of you that have heard of this guy, numerous films of his from the
Criterion Collection are available for free at hulu.com.
Thanks, though you should have added that they're only free for a week!

Of Ray's films, I've only seen The Music Room and Pather Panchali. If
I'm going to squeeze in any of those temporarily free films, I'm most
tempted by Charulata, The Big City or Devi. Hmmm.

Every thread like this ends up between you, me and "gtr."
gggg gggg
2021-06-07 05:42:00 UTC
Post by w***@gmail.com
Hey,
For both of you that have heard of this guy, numerous films of his from the Criterion Collection are available for free at hulu.com.
(Youtube upload):

South Bank Show- Satyajit Ray Interview (Better Audio)