"I Am Legend" (2007)
2021-02-03 02:56:22 UTC
According to this:

- This film explores, very subtly, a question many people may not ask after seeing it, “Was the virus created to save lives, or as a revenue stream?” Were enough clinical trials conducted over a long enough period of time in order to know that the virus was safe for mass distribution? Was it rushed into the marketplace to capitalize on pharmaceutical companies making major money? We don’t get answers in the form of the history of the drug, but it’s clear that the world has suffered greatly. So, then because of a misstep, whether morally or genetically, our capitalistic society is quite literally being reclaimed by nature, with wild beasts roaming the streets devouring anything they can kill to survive.

https://www.gradesaver.com/i-am-legend/study-guide/themes
gggg gggg
2021-07-24 18:24:41 UTC
Post by gggg gggg
- This film explores, very subtly, a question many people may not ask after seeing it, “Was the virus created to save lives, or as a revenue stream?” Were enough clinical trials conducted over a long enough period of time in order to know that the virus was safe for mass distribution? Was it rushed into the marketplace to capitalize on pharmaceutical companies making major money? We don’t get answers in the form of the history of the drug, but it’s clear that the world has suffered greatly. So, then because of a misstep, whether morally or genetically, our capitalistic society is quite literally being reclaimed by nature, with wild beasts roaming the streets devouring anything they can kill to survive.
https://www.gradesaver.com/i-am-legend/study-guide/themes
Concerning the 1954 novel on which that film is based, the hero listens to classical music:

https://listfulofhorrors.wordpress.com/2017/12/02/i-am-legend-the-soundtrack/