The Triangle ( 3 part tvm 2005 )
2020-02-04 22:46:48 UTC
First thing I noticed was that the dialogue was pretty good. The cast is pretty solid : Bruce Davison, Eric Stoltz Catherine Bell, Lou Diamond Phillips and Sam Neil.
Did not take long to become uncomfortable in the over all blandness of presentation : little in the way of atmosphere or edginess, also the characters lacked depth.
As time passed the screen play presented several; changes in the realities of the characters and I wondered where this would lead.
Eventually the explanation was quasi - scientic, rather than fantasy or horror which failed to satisfy me or undo the considerable dissatisfaction that had built up in me during the 4 plus hours of screen time. The saved in the nick of time conclusion made matters worse.
Some good things are therebut they are offset by shortcomings in the script. 6/10 half and halfs
Stephen DeMay
2020-02-08 07:43:27 UTC
First thing I noticed was that the dialogue was pretty good. The cast is pretty solid : Bruce Davison, Eric Stoltz Catherine Bell, Lou Diamond Phillips and Sam Neil.
Did not take long to become uncomfortable in the over all blandness of presentation : little in the way of atmosphere or edginess, also the characters lacked depth.
As time passed the screen play presented several; changes in the realities of the characters and I wondered where this would lead.
Eventually the explanation was quasi - scientic, rather than fantasy or horror which failed to satisfy me or undo the considerable dissatisfaction that had built up in me during the 4 plus hours of screen time. The saved in the nick of time conclusion made matters worse.
Some good things are therebut they are offset by shortcomings in the script. 6/10 half and halfs
Tho I did like the dialogue and performances in several parts of the story I , after more thought, have to blieve the writing very lazy ( foolishness ). The viewer would have to believe that the main characters wound up n an alternate reality in which they made major changes in their lives but were living in the same place as in the original reality. Also that they were the only people who realized that a breach in time/space had happened tho people who has vanished in the Bermuda Triangle had now shown up decades later. Other foolish " realities " now were present as well. Altogether makes about as much sense as Sana Claus living at the North Pole and visiting children at Xmas tie. I am perfctly willing to accept fantasy as beyond the realm of scientific laws in " fantasy " stories but this anomaly is presented as " scientic " if strange in nature. At times it's fun to watch, other times a drag with some value as entertainment but there's too much in the way of the " don't think too much bout what happened " to rate it as more than a 4/10 wait a minutes