My journal : Virus has unexpected tragic personal turn
2020-04-24 12:24:55 UTC
Don't talk to people in general but I did to my next door neighbor, a retired motor vehicle department employee.
The coincidental ironies about which I've written came into play again.
I knew Charles had had a bypass. operation but he was as energetic as I am even more so.
Just a few minutes ago I learned that Charles had developed high blood pressure on Tuesday and after taking high blood pressure medication at home his condition worsened was taken to the hospital by ambulance on Wednesday and died on arrival.
I had been only barely aware that people with heart problems were endangered by the virus.
Minutes ago I thought to check google to see if I could learn more about the connection but I first went to Yahoo news to check the new articles and immediately saw a new addition about the dangers caused by peoples' taking certain high blood pressure medication because they have deadly reactions with the virus.
His wife told me his condition worsened after taking his meds.
He was a truly good person who had helped me more than once in the past. I had not talked to him for awhile and had only said hello at a distance in the past few weeks so he would not have gotten the virus from me but nevertheless I'll miss him. A cruel surprise, he was a good guy. I'll miss him.
Just prior to Charles' wife informing me of his death as I was unloading the car after my return from Stop and Shop I had been talking to the cop stationed out side that store. We were discussing the ins and outs of how vulnerable people would die if social restrictions were to be lifted now ( my view ) or months from now when government finally tells the public the the virus will bot go away and the country will have to be reopened come what may.
Stephen DeMay
His wife has been working because she's in the medical field, probably a nurse. Don't know how many times she gets tested for the virus but I would think she was asymptomatic , gave it to him and goodbye Charlie. One of those things that causes disbelief.
moviePig
2020-04-24 14:51:14 UTC
[...]
Condolences.

Depending on her work activity, and assuming she gets tested, she could
easily have brought the virus home via contact -- among, of course, many
other possible routes if your neighborhood is highly infected. I would
encourage her to discount all such guilt-ridden speculation.
Stephen DeMay
2020-04-24 15:17:08 UTC
Post by moviePig
[...]
These were my thoughts , she did not know what happened. He did not show any symptoms apparently at all, his high blood pressure just jumpled I did briefly talk with him , neither one of us had a mask, but we were about eight feet apart and that was three/four weeks ago. Truly did not consider him at all to be " at risk " , don't think he did either. An old person right across the street was take away about three weeks ago. I don't think Charles had any contact with anyone in the last few weeks, would always be on the phone and going places before the problem. Truck was now always in the drive way.
He could have considered all of the circumstances but what to do ? America is two different dual situations : political and medical and vulnerable and not.