Jennifer Connelly joins "The Day the Earth Stood Still" remake
Garondo Marondo
2007-11-06 03:46:41 UTC
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071106/film_nm/earth_dc;_ylt=AkOFOawNX4gnLPsyK9N4BB1xFb8C

Connelly in contact with "Earth" redo

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Jennifer Connelly will star
opposite Keanu Reeves in "The Day the Earth Stood Still," a remake of
Robert Wise's 1951 film about an alien who comes to Earth with a
message: Live in peace or be destroyed.

Connelly will play Helen, the scientist who makes first contact with
the alien named Klaatu (Reeves). The roles were originally played by
Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie.

The Fox project is scheduled to begin production next month in
Vancouver. Scott Derrickson ("The Exorcism of Emily Rose") is
directing

Connelly is in theaters with "Reservation Road." Reeves starred last
year in "The Lake House" and "A Scanner Darkly."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
moviePig
2007-11-06 04:45:52 UTC
Post by Garondo Marondo
Connelly will play Helen, the scientist who makes first contact with
the alien named Klaatu (Reeves). The roles were originally played by
Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie. ...
Big shoes for Connelly to match the subtlety of Neal's scientist...

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
El Klauso
2007-11-06 13:53:02 UTC
Big shoes for Connelly to match the subtlety of Neal's scientist...

...make that 'secretary.'
moviePig
2007-11-06 14:32:04 UTC
Post by moviePig
Big shoes for Connelly to match the subtlety of Neal's scientist...
...make that 'secretary.'
That was my point... (although she took very scientific dictation...
"Klaatu barada nikto"...)

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
Del Stanley
2007-11-06 17:02:22 UTC
Post by moviePig
Post by moviePig
Big shoes for Connelly to match the subtlety of Neal's scientist...
...make that 'secretary.'
That was my point... (although she took very scientific dictation...
"Klaatu barada nikto"...)
As her son Bobby noted, she was a "real secretary." Not one of
those phony U.N. Secretaries, or a Secretary of State, etc.
Reel secretary maybe?

In prior discussions here on TDTESS there were weak references
to Jesus Christ. With Ms. JC now in the fold here we go again.
a***@yahoo.com
2007-11-06 18:41:43 UTC
Post by moviePig
Big shoes for Connelly to match the subtlety of Neal's scientist...
...make that 'secretary.'
Shoes? I look at Jennifer to see her pair of....
feet?

It has been a while since I have seen her take her top off in a
movie.
But can Neal match that?

I thought the whole point of remakes was to see the actresses half-
nekkid.
(Was there any other reason to see the remake of Psycho?)
Frank R.A.J. Maloney
2007-11-06 18:15:39 UTC
Post by moviePig
Post by Garondo Marondo
Connelly will play Helen, the scientist who makes first contact with
the alien named Klaatu (Reeves). The roles were originally played by
Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie. ...
Big shoes for Connelly to match the subtlety of Neal's scientist...
Turning Helen Benson from a secretary (thus, Billy Gray's great line,
"My mom's a real secretary, not like that man they call a secretary.")
is shameless pandering; one of the great charms of the film is that
Klaatu's champions include an ordinary woman *and* the smartest man on
earth. Frankly, I've had it with bodacious babe scientists -- talk about
cliches!
--
Frank in Seattle
____

Frank Richard Aloysius Jude Maloney
"Millennium hand and shrimp."
moviePig
2007-11-06 19:53:24 UTC
Post by Frank R.A.J. Maloney
Post by moviePig
Post by Garondo Marondo
Connelly will play Helen, the scientist who makes first contact with
the alien named Klaatu (Reeves). The roles were originally played by
Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie. ...
Big shoes for Connelly to match the subtlety of Neal's scientist...
Turning Helen Benson from a secretary (thus, Billy Gray's great line,
"My mom's a real secretary, not like that man they call a secretary.")
is shameless pandering; one of the great charms of the film is that
Klaatu's champions include an ordinary woman *and* the smartest man on
earth. Frankly, I've had it with bodacious babe scientists -- talk about
cliches!
Meanwhile, place your bets on what "first contact" comprises...

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
Anim8rFSK
2007-11-07 00:22:04 UTC
Post by Frank R.A.J. Maloney
Post by moviePig
Post by Garondo Marondo
Connelly will play Helen, the scientist who makes first contact with
the alien named Klaatu (Reeves). The roles were originally played by
Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie. ...
Big shoes for Connelly to match the subtlety of Neal's scientist...
Turning Helen Benson from a secretary (thus, Billy Gray's great line,
"My mom's a real secretary, not like that man they call a secretary.")
is shameless pandering; one of the great charms of the film is that
Klaatu's champions include an ordinary woman *and* the smartest man on
earth. Frankly, I've had it with bodacious babe scientists -- talk about
cliches!
But Christmas comes just once a year!
Jitterbug phone works! (Third time's a charm!)
Lincoln Spector
2007-11-08 20:08:47 UTC
Post by moviePig
Post by Garondo Marondo
Connelly will play Helen, the scientist who makes first contact with
the alien named Klaatu (Reeves). The roles were originally played by
Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie. ...
Big shoes for Connelly to match the subtlety of Neal's scientist...
Turning Helen Benson from a secretary (thus, Billy Gray's great line, "My
mom's a real secretary, not like that man they call a secretary.") is
shameless pandering; one of the great charms of the film is that Klaatu's
champions include an ordinary woman *and* the smartest man on earth.
Frankly, I've had it with bodacious babe scientists -- talk about cliches!
I don't see it so much as pandering as updating. Women scientists are more
common now than then.

As for the bodacious babe scientists, I object when they use young glamour
gals in their early 20s. But Connelly is about to turn 37, which makes her
old enough to have finished a considerable amount of grad school and have
several years of work experience.

Does she look unrealistically gorgeous? Yes. But that's Hollywood. Movie
stars are called upon to play people in all different professions, but they
all look good enough to be movie stars. You just have to accept that as part
of the fantasy.

Lincoln
Stone me
2007-11-08 20:54:51 UTC
Post by Lincoln Spector
Post by moviePig
Post by Garondo Marondo
[...]
Ok.
http://tinyurl.com/2ss4rw

Stone me.
moviePig
2007-11-08 23:24:14 UTC
Post by Lincoln Spector
Post by moviePig
Post by Garondo Marondo
[...]
Fine. Plus, with her as a scientist, they don't have to pay another
actor for the Sam Jaffe character. Just promise me that the presences
of magnetic Scotty-dogs Keanu and Jennifer don't also point the plot
towards a little extraterricular activity... (In space, no one can
hear you scream...)

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
Lincoln Spector
2007-11-09 19:43:18 UTC
Post by moviePig
Post by Lincoln Spector
Post by moviePig
Post by Garondo Marondo
[...]
Well, she's old enough to play a scientist, but not the Greatest Scientist
in the World. That has to be someone with white hair. Of course, maybe there
won't be a Greatest Scientist in the World character this time around. The
new version is, I hope, getting a major screenplay rewrite. (Not that I
object to the original screenplay; it's just that that version has already
been made.)

magnetic Scotty-dogs? Never heard that term before, but I like it.

Lincoln
Anim8rFSK
2007-11-09 21:26:02 UTC
Post by Lincoln Spector
Post by moviePig
Post by Garondo Marondo
[...]
But when was the last time she played a character that was supposed to
be smart? I mean, she was supposed to be smart in THE HULK, and came
across as an imbecile.
Jitterbug phone works! (Third time's a charm!)
Avoid normal situations.
2008-01-18 04:08:20 UTC
[..]
Post by Anim8rFSK
Post by Lincoln Spector
As for the bodacious babe scientists, I object when they use young glamour
gals in their early 20s. But Connelly is about to turn 37, which makes her
old enough to have finished a considerable amount of grad school and have
several years of work experience.
But when was the last time she played a character that was supposed to
be smart?
_Blood Diamond_. I thought she came across as reasonably smart just fine,
but then again as usual she was jaw-droppingly beautiful, so that may have
colored my judgment a bit. :-)

--
alt.flame Special Forces
"I play John Wayne in every picture regardless of the character, and I've been
never, and I've worked with the best of them." -- John Wayne
Bill McClain
2007-11-06 20:55:55 UTC
Post by moviePig
Post by Garondo Marondo
Connelly will play Helen, the scientist who makes first contact with
the alien named Klaatu (Reeves). The roles were originally played by
Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie. ...
Big shoes for Connelly to match the subtlety of Neal's scientist...
Neal played a secretary.

-Bill
--
Sattre Press The King in Yellow
http://sattre-press.com/ by Robert W. Chambers
***@sattre-press.com http://sattre-press.com/kiy.html
Marv Soloff
2007-11-07 02:14:51 UTC
Post by Bill McClain
Post by moviePig
Post by Garondo Marondo
Connelly will play Helen, the scientist who makes first contact with
the alien named Klaatu (Reeves). The roles were originally played by
Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie. ...
Big shoes for Connelly to match the subtlety of Neal's scientist...
Neal played a secretary.
-Bill
I am going to assume that Connelly will be doing her famous Sam Jaffe
imitation as
Dr. Barnhardt

Marv.
Sean O'Hara
2007-11-08 19:05:21 UTC
In the Year of the Golden Pig, the Great and Powerful Marv Soloff
Post by Marv Soloff
I am going to assume that Connelly will be doing her famous Sam Jaffe
imitation as
Dr. Barnhardt
I'd rather see her do an imitation of Jaffe as Gunga Din.

90 minutes of Jennifer Connelly in a loin-cloth ... heaven.
--
Sean O'Hara <http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com>
Dr. Decapodian Emperor: Once invoked, the sacred tradition of
-Futurama
Kevin
2007-11-06 05:10:59 UTC
Post by Garondo Marondo
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071106/film_nm/earth_dc;_ylt=AkOFOawNX4gnLPsyK9N4BB1xFb8C
Connelly in contact with "Earth" redo
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Jennifer Connelly will star
opposite Keanu Reeves in "The Day the Earth Stood Still," a remake of
Robert Wise's 1951 film about an alien who comes to Earth with a
message: Live in peace or be destroyed.
Connelly will play Helen, the scientist who makes first contact with
the alien named Klaatu (Reeves). The roles were originally played by
Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie.
The Fox project is scheduled to begin production next month in
Vancouver. Scott Derrickson ("The Exorcism of Emily Rose") is
directing
Connelly is in theaters with "Reservation Road." Reeves starred last
year in "The Lake House" and "A Scanner Darkly."
Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
Is nothing sacred? What the hell is the deal with these remakes? The
original film is a classic of the genre. There is nothing to be done better
in a new version. Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie were absolutely
wonderful in the original film. This is one of those films that should
never be allowed to be remade. Much like "The War of The Worlds" and "The
Ten Commandments". But noooooo, some dickhead in Hollywood decides he can
do it better than DeMille or Pal or whoever.

Poop!
Invid Fan
2007-11-06 05:18:08 UTC
Post by Kevin
Is nothing sacred? What the hell is the deal with these remakes? The
original film is a classic of the genre. There is nothing to be done better
in a new version. Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie were absolutely
wonderful in the original film. This is one of those films that should
never be allowed to be remade. Much like "The War of The Worlds" and "The
Ten Commandments". But noooooo, some dickhead in Hollywood decides he can
do it better than DeMille or Pal or whoever.
Well, "War of the Worlds" should always be remade, if you assume the
books main goal was to ask what it would be like if aliens invaded
"now". That's a reasonable thing to ask every 20 years or so :) As for
"The Ten Commandments", I agree that they shouldn't have done the sound
version.
-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
Flasherly
2007-11-06 08:22:54 UTC
Post by Invid Fan
Post by Kevin
Is nothing sacred? What the hell is the deal with these remakes? The
original film is a classic of the genre. There is nothing to be done better
in a new version. Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie were absolutely
wonderful in the original film. This is one of those films that should
never be allowed to be remade. Much like "The War of The Worlds" and "The
Ten Commandments". But noooooo, some dickhead in Hollywood decides he can
do it better than DeMille or Pal or whoever.
Well, "War of the Worlds" should always be remade, if you assume the
books main goal was to ask what it would be like if aliens invaded
"now". That's a reasonable thing to ask every 20 years or so :) As for
"The Ten Commandments", I agree that they shouldn't have done the sound
version.
-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
Compared to WW, Cruise, and an overall exceptional effort, could say
this'll be interesting. Or at least not another comic book build up
or Dawn of the Dead recap.
moviePig
2007-11-06 14:39:15 UTC
Post by Invid Fan
Post by Kevin
Is nothing sacred? What the hell is the deal with these remakes? The
original film is a classic of the genre. There is nothing to be done better
in a new version. Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie were absolutely
wonderful in the original film. This is one of those films that should
never be allowed to be remade. Much like "The War of The Worlds" and "The
Ten Commandments". But noooooo, some dickhead in Hollywood decides he can
do it better than DeMille or Pal or whoever.
Well, "War of the Worlds" should always be remade, if you assume the
books main goal was to ask what it would be like if aliens invaded
"now". That's a reasonable thing to ask every 20 years or so :) As for
"The Ten Commandments", I agree that they shouldn't have done the sound
version.
(You've got something against Debra Paget?) Interestingly, Heston's
parting of the Red Sea -- it blew me away at the time, and remains a
basis for resenting modern CGI -- was almost as good in the old b&w
version...

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
Stone me
2007-11-06 09:57:42 UTC
Post by Kevin
Post by Garondo Marondo
[...]
I think you are right.
If it does not offer a significant remodelling of the plot then it is
straight to video
in spite of Ms Connelly.

Stone me.
Sean O'Hara
2007-11-06 15:04:48 UTC
Post by Kevin
Is nothing sacred? What the hell is the deal with these remakes? The
original film is a classic of the genre. There is nothing to be done better
in a new version. Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie were absolutely
wonderful in the original film. This is one of those films that should
never be allowed to be remade. Much like "The War of The Worlds" and "The
Ten Commandments". But noooooo, some dickhead in Hollywood decides he can
do it better than DeMille or Pal or whoever.
Assuming you mean the Heston version, The 10 Commandments is a
remake itself. As for War of the Worlds, as there's never been a
faithful adaptation of the novel that was any good, I'm open for a
new version.
--
Sean O'Hara <http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com>
Cartman: I'm killing you. Unfortunately I could only afford a
-South Park
moviePig
2007-11-06 15:38:22 UTC
Post by Sean O'Hara
Post by Kevin
Is nothing sacred? What the hell is the deal with these remakes? The
original film is a classic of the genre. There is nothing to be done better
in a new version. Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie were absolutely
wonderful in the original film. This is one of those films that should
never be allowed to be remade. Much like "The War of The Worlds" and "The
Ten Commandments". But noooooo, some dickhead in Hollywood decides he can
do it better than DeMille or Pal or whoever.
Assuming you mean the Heston version, The 10 Commandments is a
remake itself. As for War of the Worlds, as there's never been a
faithful adaptation of the novel that was any good, I'm open for a
new version.
The Timothy Hines version of WAR OF THE WORLDS seemed pretty
'faithful'... (although I may be alone in thinking it was 'any
good'...)

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
Kevin
2007-11-07 02:50:30 UTC
Post by Sean O'Hara
Post by Kevin
Is nothing sacred? What the hell is the deal with these remakes? The
original film is a classic of the genre. There is nothing to be done better
in a new version. Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie were absolutely
wonderful in the original film. This is one of those films that should
never be allowed to be remade. Much like "The War of The Worlds" and "The
Ten Commandments". But noooooo, some dickhead in Hollywood decides he can
do it better than DeMille or Pal or whoever.
Assuming you mean the Heston version, The 10 Commandments is a
remake itself. As for War of the Worlds, as there's never been a
faithful adaptation of the novel that was any good, I'm open for a
new version.
Yes, I am aware that there was a silent version of "The Ten Commandments".
But I consider the silent era of film and the modern era to be distinctly
seperate. As far as I am concerned the version of "The War of The Worlds"
with Gene Barry is a classic. It should be part of every film fans'
library.
-South Park
Sean O'Hara
2007-11-07 15:57:07 UTC
Post by Kevin
As far as I am concerned the version of "The War of The Worlds"
with Gene Barry is a classic. It should be part of every film fans'
library.
It is and I do. *BUT* it doesn't feature tripods, Victorian England,
or the Thunderchild, so there's plenty of room for another remake.
--
Sean O'Hara <http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com>
Rose: To get that many people dressed up and being silly, they gotta
-Doctor Who
Alric Knebel
2007-11-06 23:21:00 UTC
Post by Kevin
Post by Garondo Marondo
[...]
I have to admit I liked the remake of WAR OF THE WORLDS better than the
original. I remember being very disappointed in the original when I was
a kid. The alien had that mechanical looking eye, clearly made of
metal. There were other things, such as the extremely slow moving space
ships. And the fact that they didn't have the tripods.
--
_________________
Alric Knebel

http://www.ironeyefortress.com/C-SPAN_loon.html
http://www.ironeyefortress.com
t***@yahoo.com
2007-11-10 22:49:41 UTC
Post by Kevin
[...]
Poop!- Hide quoted text -
I agree, what are they paying the writers for? Certainly not for
imagination although
I can see the new film with: a rebel young kid, a sexy 25 year old
playing a 10th grader (oh, that was Transformers).
moviePig
2007-11-10 23:01:11 UTC
Post by t***@yahoo.com
Post by Kevin
[...]
(...aka THE DAY THE EARTH NEVER FOR 2 SECONDS STOOD STILL).

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
Richard Schultz
2007-11-06 09:19:25 UTC
In rec.arts.movies.past-films Garondo Marondo <***@gmail.com> wrote:

: Connelly will play Helen, the scientist who makes first contact with
: the alien named Klaatu (Reeves). The roles were originally played by
: Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie.

I assume that I'm not the first one whose initial reaction was that
casting Reeves as the robot was a good move. At least the movie will
teach a new generation why it is vitally important to know how to say
"Klaatu Barada Nikto!"

-----
Richard Schultz ***@mail.biu.ac.il
-----
"an optimist is a guy/ that has never had/ much experience"
Forge
2007-11-07 03:18:14 UTC
In article <fgpbit$42e$***@news.iucc.ac.il>, ***@mail.biu.ack.il
says...
Post by Richard Schultz
: Connelly will play Helen, the scientist who makes first contact with
: the alien named Klaatu (Reeves). The roles were originally played by
: Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie.
I assume that I'm not the first one whose initial reaction was that
casting Reeves as the robot was a good move. At least the movie will
teach a new generation why it is vitally important to know how to say
"Klaatu Barada Nikto!"
Klaatu not robot; Gort robot.

Silly human.
Richard Schultz
2007-11-07 10:29:16 UTC
In rec.arts.movies.past-films Forge <***@diespammers.youneedageek.com> wrote:
: In article <fgpbit$42e$***@news.iucc.ac.il>, ***@mail.biu.ack.il
: says...

:> I assume that I'm not the first one whose initial reaction was that
:> casting Reeves as the robot was a good move. At least the movie will
:> teach a new generation why it is vitally important to know how to say
:> "Klaatu Barada Nikto!"

: Klaatu not robot; Gort robot.
:
: Silly human.

That whooshing noise that you heard was the sound of a joke going over
your head.

-----
"You don't even have a clue about which clue you're missing."
Halmyre
2007-11-06 09:52:56 UTC
Post by Garondo Marondo
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071106/film_nm/earth_dc;_ylt=AkOFOawNX4gnLPsyK9N4BB1xFb8C
Connelly in contact with "Earth" redo
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Jennifer Connelly will star
opposite Keanu Reeves in "The Day the Earth Stood Still," a remake of
Robert Wise's 1951 film about an alien who comes to Earth with a
message: Live in peace or be destroyed.
The new film is to be called

"Klaatu and Gort's Big Adventure, or, No Way! The Earth Stood Still?".

Tag line: "Be Excellent To Each Other!"
--
Halmyre

What in Swansea are going on here?!
George Peatty
2007-11-06 15:59:05 UTC
Tag line: "Behave, or be obliterated!"
Juan F. Lara
2007-11-06 16:04:04 UTC
Post by George Peatty
Post by Halmyre
Tag line: "Be Excellent To Each Other!"
Tag line: "Behave, or be obliterated!"
Well, you already seem all right with "Behave, or go to Hell".

- Juan F. Lara
nick
2007-11-06 18:08:22 UTC
Post by George Peatty
Post by Halmyre
Tag line: "Be Excellent To Each Other!"
Tag line: "Behave, or be obliterated!"
Which was handled quite nicely in Joe Dante's recent Masters of Horror
entry, The Screwfly Solution. We got obliterated anyway.

I'm not sure how you can remake The Day the Earth Stood Still without
it becoming one of Rich's liberal movies of the week. Substitute cold
war hostility with global warming or whatnot. I'd rather see someone
have a go at Forbidden Planet.
Invid Fan
2007-11-06 18:10:51 UTC
Post by nick
Post by George Peatty
Post by Halmyre
Tag line: "Be Excellent To Each Other!"
Tag line: "Behave, or be obliterated!"
Which was handled quite nicely in Joe Dante's recent Masters of Horror
entry, The Screwfly Solution. We got obliterated anyway.
I'm not sure how you can remake The Day the Earth Stood Still without
it becoming one of Rich's liberal movies of the week. Substitute cold
war hostility with global warming or whatnot. I'd rather see someone
have a go at Forbidden Planet.
You could turn it into a remake of what was probably a Twilight Zone
episode (old or new): aliens show up and tell humans to either shape up
or they'll destroy us, within a day every nation declares peace and all
conflict is ended, at which point the aliens say no, we wanted you to
be war like and wipe wipe us out :)
-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
Dougie Roberts
2007-11-07 01:05:12 UTC
Post by Invid Fan
You could turn it into a remake of what was probably a Twilight Zone
episode (old or new): aliens show up and tell humans to either shape up
or they'll destroy us, within a day every nation declares peace and all
conflict is ended, at which point the aliens say no, we wanted you to
be war like and wipe wipe us out :)
The New Twilight Zone had an episode that was very much like that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Small_Talent_for_War_(The_Twilight_Zone)
moviePig
2007-11-06 19:58:55 UTC
Post by nick
Post by George Peatty
Post by Halmyre
Tag line: "Be Excellent To Each Other!"
Tag line: "Behave, or be obliterated!"
Which was handled quite nicely in Joe Dante's recent Masters of Horror
entry, The Screwfly Solution. We got obliterated anyway.
I'm not sure how you can remake The Day the Earth Stood Still without
it becoming one of Rich's liberal movies of the week. Substitute cold
war hostility with global warming or whatnot. I'd rather see someone
have a go at Forbidden Planet.
(Gore Verbinski, are you listening? Remember what it's like when the
movie has a plot?)

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
Lincoln Spector
2007-11-06 20:06:18 UTC
Post by George Peatty
Post by Halmyre
Tag line: "Be Excellent To Each Other!"
Tag line: "Behave, or be obliterated!"
Hmmm. With "Behave," I think of Mike Myers as Austin Powers.

Come to think of it, that would be a really funny Klaatu and a very
different interpretation of the story.

Lincoln
Sean O'Hara
2007-11-06 20:28:44 UTC
In the Year of the Golden Pig, the Great and Powerful George Peatty
Post by George Peatty
Post by Halmyre
Tag line: "Be Excellent To Each Other!"
Tag line: "Behave, or be obliterated!"
"Whoa, I know physics."
--
Sean O'Hara <http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com>
Dollhouse girls don't have all the answers.
-Diablo Cody
Marv Soloff
2007-11-06 10:24:52 UTC
Post by Garondo Marondo
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071106/film_nm/earth_dc;_ylt=AkOFOawNX4gnLPsyK9N4BB1xFb8C
Connelly in contact with "Earth" redo
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Jennifer Connelly will star
opposite Keanu Reeves in "The Day the Earth Stood Still," a remake of
Robert Wise's 1951 film about an alien who comes to Earth with a
message: Live in peace or be destroyed.
Connelly will play Helen, the scientist who makes first contact with
the alien named Klaatu (Reeves). The roles were originally played by
Patricia Neal and Michael Rennie.
The Fox project is scheduled to begin production next month in
Vancouver. Scott Derrickson ("The Exorcism of Emily Rose") is
directing
Connelly is in theaters with "Reservation Road." Reeves starred last
year in "The Lake House" and "A Scanner Darkly."
Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
Sounds like a direct-to-DVD deal. Connelly is "Helen the scientist"?
Lenardo DiCaprio
as Gort?

Marv