Michael Clarke Duncan dead @ 54
Tom
2012-09-03 22:24:45 UTC
R.I.P.

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-michael-clarke-duncan-dead-0903,0,7426494.story

Tom
Ian J. Ball
2012-09-03 22:44:39 UTC
In article
Post by Tom
R.I.P.
http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-michael-clarke-duncan-dead-0903,0,74
26494.story
Tom
Sucky news - I was hoping he'd get his own series after "The Finder"
tanked. :(
--
"Surf-crazed aliens... Of course." - Amber, "Alien Surf Girls",
Episode #1.1, "Wipeout".
Wait a minute... "Of course"?! "*Of course*"?!! Did I miss a step here??!!
Arthur Lipscomb
2012-09-03 23:38:42 UTC
Post by Ian J. Ball
In article
Post by Tom
R.I.P.
http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-michael-clarke-duncan-dead-0903,0,74
26494.story
Tom
Sucky news
Agreed.

Coincidentally, I have The Green Mile on order. I hadn't planned on
watching it anytime soon but now I'll definitely watch when it arrives.

- I was hoping he'd get his own series after "The Finder"
Post by Ian J. Ball
tanked. :(
Despite the vocal critics, I really liked him as Kingpin and thought he
was perfect for the role. He also was great voicing Kilowog.
Dennis M
2012-09-05 03:51:48 UTC
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
Coincidentally, I have The Green Mile on order. I hadn't planned
on watching it anytime soon but now I'll definitely watch when it
arrives.
Not one of your better King adaptations IMO. I always thought they tried
to ride on the coattails of Shawshank but the story was nowhere near as
good (MCD did a good job with what he had though).
Adam H. Kerman
2012-09-05 06:27:03 UTC
Post by Dennis M
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
Coincidentally, I have The Green Mile on order. I hadn't planned
on watching it anytime soon but now I'll definitely watch when it
arrives.
Not one of your better King adaptations IMO. I always thought they tried
to ride on the coattails of Shawshank but the story was nowhere near as
good (MCD did a good job with what he had though).
He didn't play a character but a plot device, but what he did with it
was entertaining enough.
Arthur Lipscomb
2012-09-05 18:26:02 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Dennis M
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
Coincidentally, I have The Green Mile on order. I hadn't planned
on watching it anytime soon but now I'll definitely watch when it
arrives.
Not one of your better King adaptations IMO. I always thought they tried
to ride on the coattails of Shawshank but the story was nowhere near as
good (MCD did a good job with what he had though).
I think that was my initial reaction when I saw it in the theater. I
think I liked it but not enough to want to sit through it again.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
He didn't play a character but a plot device, but what he did with it
was entertaining enough.
I had a promo code for some free blu-rays from WB and Green Mile was on
the list of blu-rays to select from. After making some other
selections, I had narrowed my final selection down to Green Mile and a
couple of other choices. However, after reading various rave reviews, I
decided to give it another shot.
Adam H. Kerman
2012-09-05 21:59:02 UTC
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
He didn't play a character but a plot device, but what he did with it
was entertaining enough.
I had a promo code for some free blu-rays from WB and Green Mile was on
the list of blu-rays to select from. After making some other
selections, I had narrowed my final selection down to Green Mile and a
couple of other choices. However, after reading various rave reviews, I
decided to give it another shot.
No one should rave about that movie, given the unsatisfying and obscenely
manipulative plotting, but there are some good scenes and some very good
performances.
poisoned røse
2012-09-05 21:16:12 UTC
Post by Dennis M
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
Coincidentally, I have The Green Mile on order. I hadn't planned
on watching it anytime soon but now I'll definitely watch when it
arrives.
Not one of your better King adaptations IMO. I always thought they tried
to ride on the coattails of Shawshank but the story was nowhere near as
good (MCD did a good job with what he had though).
That movie was waaaay too long for what it was. The evil prison guard
was a memorable villain, though.
Dennis M
2012-09-06 02:08:14 UTC
Post by poisoned røse
Post by Dennis M
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
Coincidentally, I have The Green Mile on order. I hadn't planned
on watching it anytime soon but now I'll definitely watch when it
arrives.
Not one of your better King adaptations IMO. I always thought they tried
to ride on the coattails of Shawshank but the story was nowhere near as
good (MCD did a good job with what he had though).
That movie was waaaay too long for what it was. The evil prison guard
was a memorable villain, though.
Doug Hutchison was good but it was the evil prisoner (Sam Rockwell) who
stole the show. I own his movies The Assassination of Jesse James by the
Coward Robert Ford, Conviction, Frost/Nixon, Joshua and Matchstick Men.
Michael Black
2012-09-03 23:58:09 UTC
Post by Ian J. Ball
In article
Post by Tom
R.I.P.
http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-michael-clarke-duncan-dead-0903,0,74
26494.story
Tom
Sucky news - I was hoping he'd get his own series after "The Finder"
tanked. :(
I was sorry "The FInder" was cancelled.

Like I said before, he was a big guy, yet the role wasn't really about him
being a tough guy. Oh there were a few bits of that, when required, but
most of the time he used other things, and I'm sure he liked not playing
the typecast.

Michael
Rob Jensen
2012-09-04 00:11:12 UTC
On Mon, 03 Sep 2012 15:44:39 -0700, "Ian J. Ball"
Post by Ian J. Ball
In article
Post by Tom
R.I.P.
http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-michael-clarke-duncan-dead-0903,0,74
26494.story
Tom
Sucky news - I was hoping he'd get his own series after "The Finder"
tanked. :(
I liked The Finder a LOT. I will say, however, in this context only,
that it's a good thing that The Finder was cancelled because had it
been renewed like it should have been -- while it was on the bubble,
it had had a decent shot at renewal until Fox remembered its man-crush
on Keifer Sutherland and inexplicably renewed Touch -- it would be
filming this week and his death most certainly would have ended the
show anyway.

And about three minutes after I wrote the above and moved on to
reading other posts, it occurred to me that the show ended on a couple
of cliffhangers, with Willa running away and whatnot. Storylines that
*should* get resolved on parent-show Bones. The *obvious* solution
would be to have Walter promise on Leo's deathbead or graveside to
find Willa and then one or more gypsy skeletons find their way to the
Jeffersonian.

-- Rob
Red Cloud
2012-09-05 07:56:44 UTC