Pretty Woman Shopping Scene
Denise Noe
2018-08-19 08:50:17 UTC

I've never quite understood the first scene. She isn't showing THAT much skin. Are we supposed to believe the salesladies recognize she's a prostitute?

Or just that she isn't apt to have enough money to afford the clothing?

I also think the seated customer resembles Jackie Kennedy and wonder if that was deliberate.
gggg gggg
2021-08-01 04:20:51 UTC
http://youtu.be/Nu3x5SZrMHo
http://moviemezzanine.com/pretty-woman-25th-anniversary-essay/
John Doe
2021-08-01 11:13:58 UTC
Post by Denise Noe
http://youtu.be/Nu3x5SZrMHo
Thanks, excellent resource!

I too was impressed by that scene and its follow-up.
Post by Denise Noe
I've never quite understood the first scene. She isn't showing THAT much
skin. Are we supposed to believe the salesladies recognize she's a
prostitute?
The way I saw it... It's her clothing and her manners, unsophisticated and
unable to afford the clothing, whether or not those characters recognized
her as a prostitute.

Probably better off shopping elsewhere anyway, that dress and hat was very
conservative.