Cinderella - 1955 German musical, dubbed
Lenona
2021-06-20 03:42:03 UTC
The English dubbing, from 1966, was done, presumably, by Childhood Productions.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047843/

There are three user reviews, but, unfortunately, no external reviews - even in German.

You can watch it here - it's just over 70 minutes. The star, Rita-Maria Nowotny, was also in the 1950s versions of "The Goose Girl" and "Hansel and Gretel." In 1984, she directed and produced "Snow-White and Rose-Red."

This is essentially the Grimm version plus Perrault. That is, yes, as in Perrault, there's a godmother and a coach (made from a gold walnut), but there's also a magic tree, talking doves, shoes that look like gold, and the stepsisters DO cut off parts of their feet! (Not that you really get to see that, of course.)

And, to my amazement, before the ball, the godmother says Cinderella should have a crown with her dress, which she gets. Why is that amazing? Because it would fit in perfectly with a coloring book that likely was also made by Childhood Productions, soon after 1966! Hope I can find it. (There are maybe other publishers involved as well.)

Lenona.
Lenona
2021-06-20 04:41:33 UTC
Here are 24 movies distributed by Childhood Productions:

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?companies=co0036643

Strangely, while it says "Sorted by Popularity Ascending," the ratings don't exactly line up! So, what does THAT mean? (Not that it matters.)

"The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" (1969, live-action) has the most painfully low rating I've ever seen. The last external review has many still photos, if anyone's curious. "Hansel and Gretel" (in German, but not the same one I mentioned before) has a pretty amusing external review by Dave Sindelar. "Sleeping Beauty" (1955), has a 7.2 rating. "Aladdin and his Magic Lamp" (1967) is Russian and has this review:

https://www.thedigitalfix.com/film/dvd_review/aladdins-magic-l/

And, I found out, three major details line up with a 1970 coloring book - most notably, the scene where the magician orders the genie to kill Aladdin. (To my knowledge, in no print version is the genie forbidden to kill someone - that's only in Disney.)
Lenona
2021-06-20 05:58:03 UTC
Mistake - that's "The Wonderful Land of Oz'" which is based on the book "The Marvelous Land of Oz." It does not include Dorothy, for those who don't know, but the book has an incredible surprise near the end.
Ant
2021-06-20 08:16:01 UTC
Ha, that was cool. Thanks. :)
http://youtu.be/jTlJp9ufdoA
--
:) Pa's Day including male alates that died after having sex! Go L.A. Clippers! :P
| |o o| |
( )
Lenona
2021-06-20 17:43:41 UTC
Ha, that was cool. Thanks. :)
You're welcome.

And you can see the Aladdin movie here!

(Maybe some of the others are on YouTube...)

(almost 79 minutes)

The first still photo you'll see, before you start the movie, shows two well-dressed men pretending to cover their eyes so they won't see the face of the princess. The page in the coloring book matches that photo right down to the number of rings on one man's hand, the position of each hand - and the pearls on both men's turbans.