"You're freaking me out, man." What movie?
Christopher
2004-11-27 14:40:20 UTC
This came up a few weeks ago on a camping trip in a desolate area.
While it became the phrase of the evening, we were also sure it came
from a movie but didn't remember which one.

The only thing we could remember was some spastic guy says this line
MANY times in this movie.

Thanks,
Christopher
Tom Sutpen
2004-11-27 14:56:20 UTC
Im not 100% sure, but doesn't Bill Paxton say that line about five hundred
times in "Aliens"?

Tom Sutpen

"Cinema is Truth, 24 Times a Second"
-- Jean-Luc Godard

The Truth is 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy; a terrible, terrible
lie that someone gave the people long ago.
-- Lenny Bruce

http://tsutpen.blogspot.com
Smokie Darling (Annie)
2004-11-27 15:26:26 UTC
I don't remember that line in Aliens, but I do remember:
"Game over, dude, game OVER!"

Smokie Darling (Annie)
Stephen Cooke
2004-11-27 15:43:25 UTC
Post by Smokie Darling (Annie)
"Game over, dude, game OVER!"
"It's a bug hunt man, A BUG HUNT!"

swac
Christopher
2004-11-27 19:59:19 UTC
We were also thinking it was Aliens, but you're right that was, "Game over, man!"

Christopher
swac
W. Lydecker
2004-11-27 20:20:36 UTC
BECKET
Smokie Darling (Annie)
2004-11-28 02:01:49 UTC
Well, I "cheated"... according to imdb, the only *exact* quote listed
is from General Hospital.

However, it was also in Pet Sematary 2 ("...man, you're freakin' me
out!"), and one of the guys on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy ("This is
freaking me out!").

Smokie Darling (Annie)-<blush> yep, I watch QEftSG, but not all the
time.
Tony Whitaker
2004-11-27 17:10:11 UTC
Post by Christopher
This came up a few weeks ago on a camping trip in a desolate area.
While it became the phrase of the evening, we were also sure it came
from a movie but didn't remember which one.
Why do I see Jack Nicholson saying that? Is it just my imagination? Was it
in "Psych-Out"?
Tony
2004-11-27 18:06:17 UTC
Elizabeth and Essex
--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
Christopher
2004-11-28 00:52:32 UTC
Aliens came later and has the whole 'they're going to come in here, and
they're going to Come in here!, they're going to Come in Here!, and
they're going to Kill Us Man!" as well as the others but damned if I
didn't also 1st get a riff off of Knickelson when I 1st read the OP.

TBerk
Christopher
2004-11-28 15:22:59 UTC
That line might be in the movies that some of you suggested, but I
haven't seen any of those. Any other suggestions?

Christopher
Mad Dan
2004-11-29 01:16:12 UTC
I'd be surprised if it didn't feature somewhere in "Easy Rider"
Vince Macek
2004-11-30 23:58:32 UTC
Post by Christopher
That line might be in the movies that some of you suggested, but I
haven't seen any of those. Any other suggestions?
Christopher
'Earth Girls are Easy' - Geena Davis w/a party of aliens in tow meets
up w/Julie Brown, says 'Don't freak out. Just don't freak out. Promise
me you won't freak out.' Julie cries 'Stop it, you're freaking me
out!' That's all I got.

VMacek
s***@gmail.com
2020-03-24 00:09:34 UTC