OT : that virus
2020-02-11 16:51:30 UTC
Forget China numbers, the best view of what to expect is the Diamond Princess in lock down in Japan. Have yet to see any report of a single person who has recovered from the infection, that's key. A vaccine could take a long time to be found. Both the " Spanish flu " named such because Spain was the only country that candidly reported its spread , and the plague that killed 1/3 of the population of Europe both came to an end without anyone to this day really knowing why.
50/50 the problem will kill off a significant per centage of the world's population or just run its course mainly in China.
During the Spanish flu after WW 1 the government prevented newspapers from publishing reports on what was happening. Tens of millions died in Asia.
Trump is the last person to be in charge of the US if the problem hits here. The medical face masks are widely known not to be effective against the problem but for some reason the Chins think the are. I have a respirator that I know works with animal contaminants maybe will work against the virus. Even so if the food supply is affected look out.
At the first sign that the infection is starting to run through the NYC or NJ population I'm stocking up on months worth of food for my animals and me.
Spread of the virus would likely come from close contact with an infected person or touching anything days after the virus has landed on whatever. I'll be wearing rubber gloves at the food mrket as well as a respirator.
If China and other Asian countries go down for the count they will try to spread the virus to the West.
Aids vaccine took years to develop. This problem could wipe out human kind...and so much for the good IMO, in less than a year...or it could stay for the most part in Asia and die out. Remarkable that so much critical information is still unknown. Does not matter if it came from a meat market or military lab. Cases have appeared in North Korea. The poor health care system there could lead to the country being wiped out and and the leadership could shoot off their nuclear rockets in a last hurrah. Sad to see net posters downplaying this and pointing to
flu killing lots of people every year.
As I wrote in another post I see the coincidence in my first watching Godzilla King of the Monsters which opens in China at the same time news of what is happening in China surfaced The Kaiju are presented as a way to kill off people and cleanse the earth of man made pollution. I have been familiar with the corona virus for some time as it is an underlying cause of disease in cats.
Keep an eye on the Diamond Princess outbreak tho I would not be surprised if the Japanese government lies about what takes place. The virus can be present in a person who is a carrier but does not show symptoms. All infected people will not show symptoms for several days.
Mankind has two chances ; virus does not kill a high percentage of people infected and the plague will some how run its course, at some time. Unlikely any country will be able to contain the disease...too many people already have it.

How many movies will be made about this outbreak ?
Stephen DeMay
To be clear the Chinese government promotes use of medical masks...in reality to prevent panic, I've seen reports that docs state a medical mask will not help against the virus. It's unknown how long the virus will live outside the body. I've seen references that it could live for upwards of three weeks. If that's true better start watching films you've been holding off on seeing.
Stephen DeMay
i can forsee a Trumpian last address rto he nation in which he says, ' we're all coming together on this ( followed by a FU from the audience ) and closes , May God have mercy on us all ". Worst case scenario : Trump and his ilk emerge from bunkers to start anew.
Stephen DeMay
2020-02-11 21:15:38 UTC
[...]
just saw some vague reportsthat a handful of people outside china have ' recovered " but that doctors expect them to relapse. Instead of being at the top of the news it's buried .
Obviously the fake news reports from China are effective. The world and it's peoples should be on top of this . Preperations for isolation of all sorts of people should be underway what's happening : not a thing. Governments are waiting umntill it is in epedemic state on their doorstep before doing anything...then i will be too late.
I can easily envision several large population areas in China with tens of millions of peolpe being infected and the vast majority of them dying with the result that China nukes several areas killing off tens of millions in a Fail - Safe scenario. In the absence of meaningful reports of recoveries of huge numbers of people I see the Chin " hospitals" as stop offs to the crematoria or holes in the ground.
You'll know it's end days time when Trump is on TV stating " there's nothing to fear " or " be calm ".
Asshole Americans either could not care less or think it's the flu. I'm looking for more signs of trouble with an eye to the Diamond Princess to letme know how deadly this is, I already know it's highly contageous.
I can see Trump trying to brush this off to the side to keep world trade flowing.
Ungraceful Biped
He already announced that the coronavirus will disappear when "the weather warms up" (you can look it up)
Stephen DeMay
April is a real scorcher for sure. He'll be munching on fortune cookies next.
Stephen DeMay
2020-02-13 18:16:30 UTC
Post by Ungraceful Biped
[...]
last report from the Diamond Princess is 40 new cases a day . Now about 10% of the passengers/crew are down in an enviornment in which people are all but locked down and the area can be cleaned and recleaned.. Still not a bit of information on how long a person can stay infected before dying or maybe getting better. Since there is not nor will there likely be any vaccine the effects may depend on general health...but maybe not. I find it weird that the news on the 2020 Olympic games scheduled for Japan are questioning if Chinese atheletes should attend...the news should be when is it appropriate to cancel the event. Chins now have about 15 cities locked down across the country. In the US Chin restaurants will be the first hit with closings. Then the
Jesus Freaks will start walking around with Trump saves signs. Won't be long before Trump begins fielding/avoiding questions about imports and quaranteen The image of raucous Trump rallies in the midst of possibly the biggest plague in world history is over the top crazy. I can see Trump in a bio suit telling his people not to let a little coughing spell keep you from the poling booths. The domino effect of Chin factory closings should begin in about a month. I've seen that warm/hot weateher is thought to be something viruses don't like, well see on that one.Seen reports that the virus can live as long as 24 days outside a human body...that can be a marketing plus for older stock. No matter what eventually happens things will get much, much, much worse in the coming months.
Stephen DeMay
2020-02-14 16:30:30 UTC
Post by Ungraceful Biped
[...]
Chins have knocked off a hundred deaths due to " double reporting " ...just the sort of tactic to convince the gullible that they are puting out real numbers. These infections began in mid January...still no reports of recoveries...hard to believe. The pictures of a newly constructed " hospital " are weird. Looks like a domed baseball field. Probably a one size fits all pre fab job. Read that the windows in hospitals have bars and the room doors can't be opened from the inside. Chinese menu : boiled rice, veggies and death. Now about 1,700 ( reported ) health care workers infected...no work no eat ( or live ) . It's OK if the Jap Olympices go ahead but all the events should be virus related like who can last longest wearing an infected facemask...be the first in your neighborhood to wear a medical mask/get infected.
Gallows humor should be ala mode...after Trump residency should be an easy fit.
Stephen DeMay
Latest piece of Chin propaganda is a video of quarateened patients " dancing " with bio hazard suited medical personnel joining in. Looks like a scene from a low budget 70's type horror flick showing asylum crazies on the loose.. Saw a it about those medical masks. Apparently don't work when inside layer gets moist from exhalations. One Chin company got caught for putting tissue paper in the masks instead of filtrering material. Also saw an estimate that about 15% of infected will die whicactually is manageable in terms of effects on world...but that does not take into consideration mutations of the virus. Seems to me just too many Chins to keep this from constantly spreading. As usual the animals get the worst of it.
Stephen DeMay
Among the many unanswered questions : are workers in the locked down areas ( now 50 -60 million ) going to factories and offices ? Strange to discover Valentine's Day is part of the Chinese culture . Sales down 95 %. Have not seen an update on the Diamond Princess for two days or more. The question is , Who lies more, Trump or the Chins ?
Stephen DeMay
Trump moved ahead of the Chins just told Hiraldo Rivera!!! Chinese government is handling the problem in a professional way. JUst off a rewatch of The Curse ( 1987 ) with Claude Akins who is the Southerner's Vincent Price. Liked irony of the close having government official telling the public disease is not a concern.
Stephen DeMay
For the first time I'm seeing reports of recoveries. That and the, even if the numbers are totally bogus, few reported death indicate this is just a bad flu.
Stephen DeMay
2020-02-12 13:57:42 UTC
[...]
Cases continue to multiply on the Diamond Princess tho I would think passengers are holed up in their cabinns and the crew is probably cleaning everything in sight non stop. Only abut 4 people seem to be dying at ths point but nobody's recovered ( even for a while )as yet 50/50 everybody out of about 4,000 on board will be infected. Where's Charton Heston ?