Post by moviePig Post by Stephen DeMay Post by Stephen DeMay Post by Stephen DeMay Post by Stephen DeMay Post by Stephen DeMay
The Italian graph is starting to look like the hoped for up and down hill...but this is a lock down situation. How low will it go ? More importantly since back to normal would I think have to include all business and recreation activities the level of human to human transfer possibilities would be about 100 x more than in the lockdown situation. I'd think even a small number of carriers would quickly affect lots of other people and even if people in places such as offices were to be tested, there a lots of people who are not connected to organized groups and will not be tested. Even if say a company required weekly testing there will be lots of people, young and old who will be untested carriers. I'd be surprised if the lock down to normal idea will work well as things stand now.
I can see the return to normal starting one way then becoming something not norml. First try might be everything back to usual then number skyrocket. This couls cause an " everyone has to wear a mak " order ( the masks work in combating carriers infecting other. A strong program of testing would be almost required. As bad as things are now for people who don't have anywhere to go at least they would not be wearing masks unless outside. When back to work and play comes about are people going to wear masks around the clock for who knows how long ? This virus is so contagious a handful of carriers could keep it going.
What could easily take place in the coming few months is the NYC metro area, about 15 million people being given different directives from Washingtn thanalmost all other areas of the US. What this could mean is anyone's guess. Can't see the problem being effectively dealt with by much less than masks or respirators for everyone and lots of testing. Possibly the NYC area could remain on lockdown while almost all other areas are back to normal. sort of. California bs Seattle would show how well or not well this would be. The number od deaths and hospital admitances seems not much more than to be substantially more than the usual. Again the deaths of people with one foot in the grave already seems not a big picture big deal.
In general the situation is much more of a , " what to do next ? " one than the White House briefings would indicate.
Completed ? my . don't trust much of anything " shopping today. Will keep an eye of what's done and the results. Could lay in some more animal products . You'd think five months worth would be enough but if the time comes and you need something and it ain't there for thegettin' it's too bad so sad. Not gonna happen in this house.
Italian daily cases are dropping which is for me an unexpected developmentbut this is on lockdown and this virus is highly contagious. Just how low it will drop and what happens when real world conditions are restored is something else.
Has become increasingly clear that the NYC area can't be seen as anything but something special. Three areas in USA. Louisiana, California and Seattle, NYC area annd the rest of the country.Recovery in each area should be very different.
AS I see allof the approaches to a cure forChin - V I think more of mutation into end of the world rather than let the god times roll.
The real ball game of how to get back to near normal has not begun due to the lock down .
N. J governor has made it mandatory for stores to keep customers under 50 % of capacity.
Also now required to have a face covering when going into a store. I'll use one of my winter neck pieces.
THe per cent of people tested is 75 % 65 or older.
Subways still run in NYC, people on Yahoo ridicule joggers in Central Park. N. J state and county parks and playgrounds are closed.
Can't imagine turning the conditions in the NYC area into anything like business as usual.
On what supposed basis are Central Park joggers ridiculed?
That they are not home suffering as Yahoo posters would want them to be. Central Park is getting a lot of traffic ,m the smaller the person the more they want everybody to be controlled. Religious zealots like control.
Non - essential construction is now prohibited in NJ. On a rare bright note I saw that The Shop Rite, that's next to Target, Walmart, Home depot continues to be open 24/7.
You can bet the people seen in the daily White House briefings know the NYC area will be one tough nut. Have to sort out the cliches from the issues that could affect me.
Don't talk to the locals but my take on what they think or know about the situation is to just bear with it and the government will do what's necessary. Quarantines and the effects of a possible failed attempt to get back to normal would not enter their heads.
Just had an old person taken out by ambulance across the street an hour ago. People may soon come to understand it's 3% taking down the other 97 % or let nature take its course.