A Clockwork Orange
Add Reply
Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro
2006-04-10 15:02:54 UTC
Hello

Last week I watched a DVD of A Clockwork Orange and it seemed to me
there were two scenes missing:

- at the end of the night Alex and his droogs push the Durango 95
into the water.

- during his stay at the conditioning clinic, there is one occasion
in which Alex refuses the treatment and has to be forced.

Are these two scenes part of some version of "A Clockwork Orange" or am
I just confusing scenes from the book which didn't appear on the movie ?
I am quite unsure about the first scene, but I have a memory of having
seen the second one.

I searched the web, but I found only references to sex scenes shortened
due to problems with the ratings, and these cuts (if real) must have
been done to shorten the movie.

I didn't remember to check the length of the movie.

TIA
--
http://www.mat.uc.pt/~rps/

.pt is Portugal| `Whom the gods love die young'-Menander (342-292 BC)
Europe | Villeneuve 50-82, Toivonen 56-86, Senna 60-94
unglued
2006-04-10 16:31:16 UTC
Post by Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro
Hello
Last week I watched a DVD of A Clockwork Orange and it seemed to me
- at the end of the night Alex and his droogs push the Durango 95
into the water.
I have a recording of the version that was shown on Swedish tv and
there is no scene where the car is pushed into the water but Alex
mentions dumping the car when they enter the Korova Milk Bar.
Post by Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro
- during his stay at the conditioning clinic, there is one occasion
in which Alex refuses the treatment and has to be forced.
There's the scene where he is in straight jacket and has his eyes held
open when he realizes Beethovens 9th is being used as a soundtrack and
he tries to break it off without success.
Post by Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro
Are these two scenes part of some version of "A Clockwork Orange" or am
I just confusing scenes from the book which didn't appear on the movie ?
I am quite unsure about the first scene, but I have a memory of having
seen the second one.
Now you mention it I seem to remember him being forced as well unless
it was the film "Oh Lucky Man" :)
dgates
2006-04-14 02:44:37 UTC
Post by unglued
[...]
I think that sometimes we get an image in our head and don't know
exactly how we remember it. I can easily imagine that if Alex *says*
that he pushed a car into water that one might form a visual picture
of it.

As for being "forced" to endure the treatment, that's pretty easy to
mentally fill in as well, once you see his reaction to the first
treatment.
Warchild
2006-04-11 01:14:52 UTC
[...]
Having seen 'Clockwork Orange' in its original release, and a later
limited release of the 'unedited' version, I would say the scenes that
you describe were not in the film.
Kerro
2006-04-17 10:00:11 UTC
Post by Warchild
[...]
Absolutely right. I was a teenager at the time ACO was released and
therefore saw it about five times in four weeks. No such scenes existed
in the film.

Kerro.
gggg gggg
https://screenrant.com/a-clockwork-orange-best-similar-movies/