THIRTEEN DAYS (2001)
Bill Anderson
2020-02-06 13:30:49 UTC
Kevin Costner plays a trusted aid of President Kennedy in a riveting account of the Cuban missile crisis of 1962. Caught it on HBO the other night and was was blown away. I was a young teenager at the time and didn’t realize the world was really that close to all-out nuclear war. Gen. Curtis LeMay, later George Wallace’s pick for vice president, and the other high-ranking military officers were a scary group as depicted in this movie. And the scariest part is that basically they were right. It’s no wonder that wise heads installed a hotline between Washington and Moscow soon after this incident. Really good movie.

Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog
moviePig
2020-02-06 15:08:48 UTC
Post by Bill Anderson
Kevin Costner plays a trusted aid of President Kennedy in a riveting account of the Cuban missile crisis of 1962. Caught it on HBO the other night and was was blown away. I was a young teenager at the time and didn’t realize the world was really that close to all-out nuclear war. Gen. Curtis LeMay, later George Wallace’s pick for vice president, and the other high-ranking military officers were a scary group as depicted in this movie. And the scariest part is that basically they were right. It’s no wonder that wise heads installed a hotline between Washington and Moscow soon after this incident. Really good movie.
I never know how veridical such historical dramatizations are,
particularly when there as compelling as this one, but yeah, when I got
around to seeing it, even with me knowing the outcome it wrung me out,
and I wondered why it had been so undersung.
Mack A. Damia
2020-02-06 16:08:22 UTC
Post by moviePig
[...]
WOW, I saw this film a few years ago and was blown away by it. I
thought it had been reported on in here, so I didn't bother saying
anything.

Bruce Greenwood as JFK sent chills up and down my spine.