BLADE RUNNER: Best sci-fi movie of all time?
2021-09-02 23:29:58 UTC
(Conflicting views):

https://www.looper.com/280686/why-blade-runner-is-the-best-sci-fi-movie-of-all-time/

https://www.altfg.com/film/blade-runner-movie-review/
Your Name
2021-09-03 01:01:48 UTC
Post by gggg gggg
https://www.looper.com/280686/why-blade-runner-is-the-best-sci-fi-movie-of-all-time/
https://www.altfg.com/film/blade-runner-movie-review/
"Blade Runner" is a boring mess ... I've never managed to watch it all
the way through (which I did do even with the equally attrocious "2001:
A Space Odyssey").
gggg gggg
2021-09-03 01:08:32 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by gggg gggg
https://www.looper.com/280686/why-blade-runner-is-the-best-sci-fi-movie-of-all-time/
https://www.altfg.com/film/blade-runner-movie-review/
"Blade Runner" is a boring mess ... I've never managed to watch it all
A Space Odyssey").
I'm old enough to have seen 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY (1968) when it first come out. I remember coming out of the theater and slapping my forehead with my hand and saying:

- What HIT me!:

https://tenor.com/view/2001-gif-5031951
Your Name
2021-09-03 04:26:24 UTC
Post by gggg gggg
Post by Your Name
Post by gggg gggg
https://www.looper.com/280686/why-blade-runner-is-the-best-sci-fi-movie-of-all-time/
https://www.altfg.com/film/blade-runner-movie-review/
"Blade Runner" is a boring mess ... I've never managed to watch it all
A Space Odyssey").
I'm old enough to have seen 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY (1968) when it first
come out. I remember coming out of the theater and slapping my forehead
https://tenor.com/view/2001-gif-5031951
The "2001" book is equally drug-induced confused garbage that makes no
sense. I've never even bothered to attempt to read the sequel books
despite being given them as gifts.

"Dune" is another book that is just boring garbage, as are Hollyweird's
adaptations of it so far, and the latest adaptation looks no better.
gggg gggg
2021-09-03 07:37:19 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by gggg gggg
Post by Your Name
Post by gggg gggg
https://www.looper.com/280686/why-blade-runner-is-the-best-sci-fi-movie-of-all-time/
https://www.altfg.com/film/blade-runner-movie-review/
"Blade Runner" is a boring mess ... I've never managed to watch it all
A Space Odyssey").
I'm old enough to have seen 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY (1968) when it first
come out. I remember coming out of the theater and slapping my forehead
https://tenor.com/view/2001-gif-5031951
The "2001" book is equally drug-induced confused garbage that makes no
sense...
(After clicking on link below, scroll down page):

https://books.google.com/books?id=j_EmH_W4I7YC&pg=PT352&lpg=PT352&dq=%22dull,+pretentious,+and+overlong%22&source=bl&ots=yKudGz2Jfc&sig=ACfU3U2K22CYDSiI4e9SUcssAsZukkbE_A&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiDsIj8pOLyAhVBrZ4KHXisCEEQ6AF6BAgJEAM#v=onepage&q=%22dull%2C%20pretentious%2C%20and%20overlong%22&f=false
John Doe
2021-09-03 08:01:25 UTC
The "drug-induced" content is coming from this poster...
--
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films
Subject: Re: BLADE RUNNER: Best sci-fi movie of all time?
gggg gggg
2021-09-09 07:04:44 UTC
Post by gggg gggg
Post by Your Name
Post by gggg gggg
https://www.looper.com/280686/why-blade-runner-is-the-best-sci-fi-movie-of-all-time/
https://www.altfg.com/film/blade-runner-movie-review/
"Blade Runner" is a boring mess ... I've never managed to watch it all
A Space Odyssey").
https://tenor.com/view/2001-gif-5031951
According to this:

- One crazy acid trip does not a good movie make.

https://www.goliath.com/movies/the-10-most-overrated-science-fiction-films/
T987654321
2021-09-03 16:29:01 UTC
It's good but far from "best".
Your Name
2021-09-04 06:38:30 UTC
It's not even in the top 50bazillion.
gggg gggg
2021-09-06 06:07:55 UTC
Post by gggg gggg
https://www.looper.com/280686/why-blade-runner-is-the-best-sci-fi-movie-of-all-time/
https://www.altfg.com/film/blade-runner-movie-review/
No:

https://screenrant.com/blade-runner-things-make-no-sense/
gggg gggg
2021-09-07 07:29:58 UTC
Post by gggg gggg
https://www.looper.com/280686/why-blade-runner-is-the-best-sci-fi-movie-of-all-time/
https://www.altfg.com/film/blade-runner-movie-review/
NO:

https://screenrant.com/overrated-classic-sci-fi-movies/
gggg gggg
2021-09-07 07:34:18 UTC
https://screenrant.com/ridley-scott-blade-runner-best-sci-fi-movie-alien-close-second/
JTEM
2021-09-08 19:45:43 UTC
No.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/661717790248599552
Your Name
2021-09-08 22:35:27 UTC
No.
Even if Blade Runner was actually any good, it can't be "the best of
all time" because "all time" is far from finished ... and when the end
of time is reached, nobody then will even remotely remember Blade
Runner (well, assuming the human race doesn't kill itself off within
the next few generations).
JTEM
2021-09-09 11:37:11 UTC
Post by Your Name
Even if Blade Runner was actually any good, it can't be "the best of
all time" because "all time" is far from finished ... and when the end
of time is reached, nobody then will even remotely remember Blade
Runner (well, assuming the human race doesn't kill itself off within
the next few generations).
The human race may not last forever but, forced to sit through one
bad movie after another it may seem that way.

You know, one thing that always bugged me about Blade Runner was
that it was so small. That little square with the noodle bar was like
half their world. They kept returning to it again & again for scenes/shots.

...and even in its own time it was set so implausibly close, in what
would've been their very recent future... already our past.

Harrison Ford's character would have already been born in 1982, when
the film came out. Its "Future" was set THAT close to its present.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/661717790248599552
gggg gggg
2021-09-11 03:04:46 UTC