Donald Trump abandons fantasy that he calls the shots and says individual governors will decide on when to reopen economy...
super70s
2020-04-15 16:04:19 UTC
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8219511/Donald-Trump-says-
individual-governors-decide-reopen-economy.html
It was a surrender for the president, who earlier in the day called any
governor who resisted his 'total authority' as president a mutineer and
threatened to withhold coronavirus aid from them if they didn't heed his
call to reopen the country.
'Tell the Democrat Governors that 'Mutiny On The Bounty' was one of my
all time favorite movies. A good old fashioned mutiny every now and then is
an exciting and invigorating thing to watch, especially when the mutineers
need so much from the Captain. Too easy!,' he tweeted.
Well he does have some things in common with Cap'n Bligh -- they're both
Machiavellian types who abuse the people they're supposed to be leading.

Our captain's lifeboat & bread plants are waiting....
Mack A. Damia
More like Captain Queeg playing with his balls.
don Gabacho
You're an idiot.
Mack A. Damia
2020-04-17 05:50:09 UTC
Post by super70s
[...]
You're a trumpian asshole.

Better practice saying 'bye-bye' to him. He is going down BIG TIME.
Siri Cruise
2020-04-15 21:31:20 UTC
In article
Post by super70s
Well he does have some things in common with Cap'n Bligh -- they're both
Machiavellian types who abuse the people they're supposed to be leading.
Our captain's lifeboat & bread plants are waiting....
Bligh was a competent sailor and brought the open boat where he
wanted to go.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
Ungraceful Biped
"He made dogmatic judgments which he felt himself entitled to make; he saw fools about him too easily … thin-skinned vanity was his curse through life … He never learnt that you do not make friends of men by insulting them."
Mitchell Holman
2020-04-16 01:52:33 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
In article
Post by super70s
Well he does have some things in common with Cap'n Bligh -- they're
both Machiavellian types who abuse the people they're supposed to be
leading.
Our captain's lifeboat & bread plants are waiting....
Bligh was a competent sailor and brought the open boat where he
wanted to go.
Bligh was no more tyrannical than other
captains at the time. Dana's "Two Years Before
The Mast" showed how awful American captains
could be. It was a profession that attracted
egotistical control freaks.
Mack A. Damia
2020-04-16 02:23:08 UTC
On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 20:52:33 -0500, Mitchell Holman
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Siri Cruise
In article
Post by super70s
Well he does have some things in common with Cap'n Bligh -- they're
both Machiavellian types who abuse the people they're supposed to be
leading.
Our captain's lifeboat & bread plants are waiting....
Bligh was a competent sailor and brought the open boat where he
wanted to go.
Bligh was no more tyrannical than other
captains at the time. Dana's "Two Years Before
The Mast" showed how awful American captains
could be. It was a profession that attracted
egotistical control freaks.
Not just that.

I did a book report on this in 12th grade in 1964, and I got into a
short debate about this very point because I said that Bligh was
justified in his harsh manner and methods considering the backgrounds
of the sailors who mostly came from the dregs of society.

He disagreed with me at first, and then admitted, "Well, I really
don't know!"
Mack A. Damia
Sorry, "He" is the English teacher.
l***@yahoo.com
2020-04-16 17:41:08 UTC
About the real Captain Bligh, from historian Richard Shenkman's "Legends, Lies & Cherished Myths of World History," page 128 (I don't know which movie version he was referring to)...

"William Bligh's crime was not that he was too harsh, but that he was too lenient. The movie got things backwards. The reason his men mutinied on the high seas is because he'd let them roam free as birds on Tahiti for five months. After that they just couldn't seem to settle down anymore. Admittedly, it was a stupid thing Bligh did. He should have known better than to let his men get a taste of the good life. It's just plain not good for people. The story that he was the meanest, orneriest low-down sea dog in history was made up by the men who mutinied and got caught. It was given credence by the public, however, because at the men's trial the government didn't call Bligh in to contradict their accounts. And after the trial Fletcher Christian's family published a bogus transcript of the proceedings that led people to believe the claims against Bligh had been proven..."

Lenona.
Stephen DeMay
2020-04-16 18:34:13 UTC
Post by l***@yahoo.com
[...]
Trump will emerge from this as king of the hill for reasons explained in my journal.