[NEWS] Rotten Tomatoes: "Paddington 2" better than "Citizen Kane"
Your Name
2021-04-28 07:10:31 UTC
Not difficult since "Citizen Kane" is a typical "classic" ...
b-o-r-i-n-g garbage. A Teletubbies movie could easily beat it.

From TheBrag.com ...

Rotten Tomatoes declares 'Paddington 2'
a better film than 'Citizen Kane'
---------------------------------------
Paddington 2 has replaced Citizen Kane on Rotten Tomatoes as
the best-rated film of all time, finally.

Orsen Welles 1941 classic was knocked off its perch on Tuesday.
The culprit? a negative review from the Chicago Tribune's Mae
Tinee, titled  "Citizen Kane Fails to Impress Critic as
Greatest Ever Filmed," from 80 years ago was unearthed. Oh yes
baby, this kind of pettiness is the elixir of youth. Read an
excerpt of the review below:

"You've heard a lot about this picture and I see by
the ads that some experts think it 'the greatest
movie ever made.' I don't. It's interesting. It's
different. In fact, it's bizarre enough to become
a museum piece. But its sacrifice of simplicity to
eccentricity robs it of distinction and general
entertainment value."

The Chicago Tribune takedown marks the only negative review of
Citizen Kane of the 116 featured on the critical aggregation
website. However, it was enough to usurp the film from it's
100% perfect status, to a 99% adequate production. Paul King's
2017 sequel to the beloved Paddington franchise, however,
remains a pristine touchstone of cinema.

I am fond of both films, though I will pose a question: which
is the movie you're coming back to when you're in need of
cheering up? Do you find joy in the downfall of an egomaniac
publishing magnate or is it the kind-hearted adventures of a
clumsy little marmalade-loving bear that reminds you how
beautiful and silly life can be?

<https://thebrag.com/rotten-tomatoes-declares-paddington-2-a-better-film-than-citizen-kane/>
Lewis
2021-04-28 13:04:18 UTC
Post by Your Name
Not difficult since "Citizen Kane" is a typical "classic" ...
b-o-r-i-n-g garbage. A Teletubbies movie could easily beat it.
Nice top see you are a clueless moron everywhere you go.
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain! How much deeper would the ocean be if there
weren't sponges down there?"
Mack A. Damia
2021-04-28 15:20:51 UTC
Post by Your Name
Not difficult since "Citizen Kane" is a typical "classic" ...
b-o-r-i-n-g garbage. A Teletubbies movie could easily beat it.
From TheBrag.com ...
[...]
What is the point of embracing film reviews? So you can ride with the
tide and be with the majority?

You either like a movie or you don't. Nobody else's opinions matter.